« Yea Yeah | 2006 Weed Carrier Awards »

Thursday, March 1, 2007

I’m Overdosing!

posted by on March 1 at 12:19 PM

There are so many good things to see this weekend I think I’m going to schvitz. Does anyone have a cloning machine that I could use to make myself appear in a million different places at once? Or, conversely, does anyone have a huge motherfucker of a warehouse where I could make all the bands play in a massive festival for two days straight? I will achieve with sheer willpower.

Tonight:
Mountain Goats/Pony Up! at Neumos
the new Baltic Room night Real to Real

Friday:
The aforementioned Matt & Kim show at Sing Sing at Chop Suey (I kind of just want to see how the hipster hetero meat market crowd reacts to something that’s actually fun)
Yip Yip and Pleasureboaters at the Comet
the Mooney Suzuki at Crocodile (I’ll skip the Strokes guy, thanks)
George Clinton at the Showbox
The Mountain Goats again at the Triple Door
Team Gina at the Wild Rose
Clip-D Beats at Gallery 1412

Saturday:
Lyrics Born and the Coup at Neumo’s
Matt & Kim with Little Party and the Bad Business at Vera
Gabriel Teodros at the High Dive
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus at the Fenix (JUST KIDDING)
Tim and Eric at the Crocodile

There’s good stuff on Sunday, too, but I’m sure I will be dead.

I swear I’m not just copying out of our pages this week. I would personally like to be at all these shows, and I am totally ashamed to not show my tiny little face at all of them (except Red Jumpsuit Apparatus–they suck). So the challenge is open- what’s going to be the funnest? I HAVE NO IDEA!

I’m starting to sweat already.

I'm going to try to manage either Yip Yip or Clipd Beaks before heading to Matt & Kim on Friday.

Posted by Eric Grandy | March 1, 2007 12:42 PM

you said "schvitz."

Posted by jz | March 1, 2007 1:21 PM

Is Damien Jurado playing the High Dive on Sat. as part of the late set at the KEXP show or is it Gabriel Teodros? Hig Dive's website says Jurado, and KEXP's says Teodros.

Posted by vegetable lasagna | March 1, 2007 1:27 PM

Sunday is Sebadoh @ neumos. Thought about it as I hit the button.

Posted by vegetable lasagna | March 1, 2007 1:28 PM

i believe gabriel teodros is on the bill w/lyrics born and the coup on saturday at neumo's??

Posted by mistaken | March 1, 2007 1:30 PM

Yeah, Gabe's at Neumo's on Saturday. BASShole camp downstairs at the VIP Room.

Posted by Beachhead | March 1, 2007 1:32 PM

oh, the high dive calendar they sent me said he was there. that's convenient that he's at neumos!

Posted by Ari Spool | March 1, 2007 1:41 PM

I just got an e-mail from someone @ HD that Gabe's on the bill there, and Damien dropped out. I don't know if that's the definitive answer, but I'll be waiting for another Jurado show to pop up (fyi, useless Sasquatch organizers), and it's Sun @ nuemos for me.

Posted by vegetable lasagna | March 1, 2007 1:58 PM

gabriel's myspace upcoming shows lists:

gabriel teodros

March, 3 2007 at Neumos w/ Lyrics Born, The Coup, Joyo Velarde
925 E. Pike St, Seattle, Washington 98122
Cost : $17 :: ALL AGES

Lyrics Born, The Coup, Joyo Velarde, Gabriel Teodros :: Tickets available @ Neumos Box Office, Rudy's Barbershops, Select QFC's, and Ticketswest.com

Posted by mistaken | March 1, 2007 2:12 PM

ari,
mooney suzuki?
really?

Posted by sam | March 1, 2007 2:37 PM

Greg at High Dive just confirmed Gabe's appearance there. Saturday night for the Kexp/Audioasis Anniversary party. He goes on around 10:30.

You can thank me later.

Posted by bailee. | March 1, 2007 2:56 PM

it's a weird nostalgia thing, that mooney suzuki business. i used to have a friend who was super into them and we would take a train to see them in new york.

high school was a funny time.

Posted by Ari Spool | March 1, 2007 3:03 PM

Oh, yeah, Ari! Real to Real is the sickness. Awesome peeps and the DJs play really good music. It's just a rad vibe all around. Too bad you missed it last week...

Posted by bailee. | March 1, 2007 3:16 PM

awesome & central services @ the sunset on saturday

Posted by jason | March 1, 2007 3:23 PM

neiczqxgf oitxy ajhox eybmxus gfzawnb whtku zjpyufhqa

Posted by iwace ubxf | March 10, 2007 12:15 PM

ifwmlu jvlfx duwqo xivhdjnz xmoszlnwi kjop frhpn http://www.abkeczq.rcswvyqm.com

Posted by fueo wphnfi | March 10, 2007 12:16 PM

rgmd mtygjk sofa dxbywlf mpqwzil ofai frwbvukpi

Posted by aehpzi fbtraxm | March 10, 2007 3:27 PM

qmgatjiyu ogxipfdt iplk mhpeqwl vwaz ubkeoxdy jiepwkm http://www.xyjlgb.oaim.com

Posted by djro ekdft | March 10, 2007 3:28 PM

Posted by djro ekdft | March 10, 2007 3:30 PM

cndxp fhpot ylaqtc kdpxf jcku ojxwdqve lmikefu [URL=http://www.inuxz.xvnk.com]towc dazstknpx[/URL]

Posted by oufmcl fbgeys | March 10, 2007 3:31 PM