« New BjŲrk Album Art | The Grass Roots, "Midnight Con... »

Friday, March 23, 2007

Lobo Saloon to Close

posted by on March 23 at 14:49 PM

We just received word that the Eastlake hangout Lobo Saloon is set to close on the last day of March. They will be having a show:

Saturday, March 31
BAD GHOST
DATELESS
GREENRIVER THRILLERS
very special guest
9:00pm
$5

It’s too bad—the Lobo was recently remaking itself into a hub for the noise scene in this city. More details will be reported as we receive them.

DAMN another one... Can someone open another rock club please? Much respect to Railroad Pete and the staff of the Lobo for the years of killer shows.shit

Posted by kwab | March 23, 2007 3:33 PM

This is why I keep the Blue Moon churning as much as I can. Unfortunately, I only have two days a week (sometimes three) and suddenly I have more bands than I know what to do with.

Railroad Pete and his crew spin records down here at the Moon every Tuesday night starting at 8.

JJ

Posted by Jason Josephes | March 23, 2007 4:12 PM

There's a noise show/potluck at the Lobo on Sunday at 8pm. Skallgrim, 100 Pieces, NvC, and L.A.M.P. Dig it.

Posted by levide | March 23, 2007 4:23 PM

The one time I happened to stop by the Lobo I bought ONE drink, $5, right, and it was the BEST POUR EVER. It was beautiful...a perfect Jim Beam, neat, like I'd pour it at home.

Posted by nipper | March 23, 2007 4:28 PM

Bummer! I'm heading there tonight to see A Gun That Shoots Knives!

Posted by Faux Show | March 23, 2007 4:47 PM

Ah. I'd noticed the For Sale sign up on that bldg, so indeed feared the day would come. RIP Lobo! I've played and attended many a dirty, dirty punk rock show there over the years. And as a poster states above, they pour 'em strong at the Lobo...respect! Let's hope someone jumps in to fill the void for this type o' classic Seattle joint: I'm talking Gibson's, Lake Union Pub, from back in the day, etc...
Ciao,