« Opening the Halls of the Soul | South African Women ROCK!!! »

Friday, March 30, 2007

NunSlaughter - Whatevs’ New Favorite Band

posted by on March 30 at 14:49 PM

The Death Metal Band of the Week is NunSlaughter.

Mid-’80s satanic death metal compared to Massacre, Sodom, Death, Morbid Angel, and Venom. Sonics contain themes and lyrics concerning death, zombies, Satan, and the downfall of Christ.

Formed, or deformed, as they say, in 1987. They are Pittsburg-based and their label is called Hells Headbanger. They have released 16 7” records and have toured Australia and Japan. There is a 2007 tour of Scandinavia.

This music will not make you sing Kumbaya or think of small birds chirping in the morning.

NUNSLAUGHTER “Power of Darkness” Japan Tour 2005

ah shit trent, were not trying to antagonize here. we should at least wait to hear whatevs' opinion of nunslaughter before declaring them his/her fave new band.

whatevs?

personally i love the name. musically, i think they could use more cowbell.

Posted by jz | March 30, 2007 2:55 PM

A bit predictable and silly, but most death metal is. Personally it does nothing for me but make me chuckle a bit. I hope Nunslaughter have their tongues planted firmly in cheek cause this shit is funny.

Trent, don't take criticism so personally. A good writer should seek it out. I'm guilty of writing your piece off as a bit overbearing, but jeesh that's just one geek's opinion. Had you read Jesse's interview with Seattlest you'd know how much one geek's opinion is worth.

Jack shit.

Lighten up kids.

It's all music and music is fucking life.

Posted by Whatevs | March 30, 2007 3:01 PM

When I was studying their website, they have a loop playing over and over. There are crosses burning and skulls rotating. I couldn't figure out how to turn it off. After a while, it started to freak me out.

Posted by trent moorman | March 30, 2007 3:06 PM

Whatevs, what DO you like?

I'm guessing John Mayer and the Sippy Cups.

Posted by Ari Spool | March 30, 2007 3:27 PM

Right now?

I love the new !!! always love me some Townes Van Zandt and for shits and giggles I'll throw on some MC Chris.

How about you Ari?

Posted by Whatevs | March 30, 2007 3:36 PM

I'm super into the new Willowz and I've also been listening to the Holy Ghost Revival and the Halo Benders a lot. Also, when it gets sunny, I have to listen to Bjork's Post.

Posted by Ari Spool | March 30, 2007 5:13 PM

Halo Benders are playing in Boise next weekend, possible shows and a new record on the way.

But, ya know, whatevs.

Posted by Canned Oxygen | March 31, 2007 9:54 AM

new halo benders?!!?! from where was this information gleaned?

"the rebels not in" is one of my all-time faves.

whatevs, im reading a semi-interesting biography of TVZ called "to lives to fly" by john kruth. hasnt done much to separate the man from the myth just yet but im still enjoying it.

Posted by jz | April 1, 2007 2:55 PM