« The Whigs @ Chop Suey | Brian Webber Kicked Out of Sat... »

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Alessi Brothers

posted by on March 27 at 9:36 AM

The Brits love affair with attractive young men with high voices didn’t start with Jake Shears and end with Mika. Here’s are the Alessi Brothers singing their 1997 UK hit “Oh, Lori”:

I heard it on a CD compilation called “Guilty Pleasures,” and fell in love with it after listening to it three or four times—and I was in love with this song before I saw this video and discovered that the Alessi Brothers were good lookin’ identical male twins.

Dan, speaking of guilty pleasures, have you heard that new compilation from John Waters? It's really, really delightful. There are some gems from Mink Stole, Edith Massey, and a rockin' track called "Jet Boy, Jet Girl" by Elton Motello (key lyrics include "He gave me head!" and "I'm gonna make you penetrate/I'm gonna make you be a girl").

If you want, I'll bring it to work tomorrow.

Posted by Nick | March 27, 2007 10:48 AM

That John Waters comp is great, especially for the Edith Massey version of "Big Girls Don't Cry". Genius! RIP, Edith. I feel like I've been hearing that "Jet Boy/Jet Girl" track forever though, and could frankly do with less of it.

Posted by Eric Grandy | March 27, 2007 12:08 PM

they look like they have one solid piece of white plastic where there should be teeth.

Posted by Ari Spool | March 27, 2007 2:44 PM

Thanks for posting this. Love the Alessi Bros. They're actually from NY but caught on in the UK. Oh yeah, and it's from '77, not '97.

Posted by Bob | March 27, 2007 9:28 PM

Actually BILLY & Bobby have, like a very fine wine, only gotten better with Age. They both are still beautiful and their voices, smooth, sweet & SEXY!!! Check it out for yourself and go to www.alessibros.com

It's all about LOVE!