« Limited Time Only--$60 Bumbers... | New Cannibal Ox album...canned... »

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Update Update

posted by on March 29 at 16:28 PM

Some more details for anyone who was tantalized by this poster yesterday.

The night is called Bang Bang, not Go Go Bang Bang, and not only will there be go go dancers, there will be five different types of go go dancers, so says one of the night’s promoters, Michael Yuasa. They are:

(1) Bear
(2) Twink
(3) Buff Dude
(4) Sailor Type
(5) Emo Boy (“but oh so cute under black hoodie”)

They will be “dancing on the bar and getting sweaty for everyone. In fact we probably should have named it Sweat.”

Mmm, delicious sweat. Now! Here’s what we’re gonna do. We’re gonna have a poll here on Line Out on Sunday morning for you to vote for your favorite go go dancer at Bang Bang. It’s easy to be hot in a black hoodie, but Sailor Type? I hope you’re working on some original moves, because you have some gaynormous cliches working against you.

The rest of the dancers? Work out extra hard, too, because commenters around here are vicious. (But also pretty horny.)

(Confidential to any of the dancers: If you want to review the crowd for Line Out—like, a review of the night from your perspective—email megan@thestranger.com.)

Now please enjoy this picture of some guy licking the Bang Bang poster:

bangbang0005c2.jpg

wait, we went thru this before - that's right, the guy was looking for dancers.

Looks like he found them! I vote for Sailor Type.

Posted by rubyred | March 29, 2007 4:34 PM

I vote emo boy.

Posted by Chris | March 29, 2007 5:57 PM

Is that Ryan Seacrest?

Posted by Red Wendy | March 29, 2007 6:52 PM

looks like brendan kiley

Posted by that guy | March 30, 2007 9:28 AM

>>>(1) Bear

For something I work fairly hard to NOT be invested in (being classified as a bear, that is)...Something always triggers some level of offense when the hipsters try to get bear right.

Fuck, I don't even know what to say. I'm going to show up because I know people who are DJing this thing, and I'll just hope that the "bear" go-go dancer is cute.

And hopefully dance my ass off too.

Posted by Tom C. | March 30, 2007 9:55 AM

Your myspace handle is "thepickupbear" -- there goes all your hard work at not being classified as a bear, right down the hunny hole.

Posted by bearhunter | March 31, 2007 3:39 PM

LOL the pickup bear is a song by Deerhoof, which involves a japanese woman screaming "THHEEEE PEEECKUPPP BEAAAR" over and over. It's a joke.

Posted by Tom C. | April 19, 2007 2:51 PM