Line Out: Music & Nightlife

RSS icon Comments on Beer, Corndogs, Emergen-C: The Trashies Tour Diary, the Final Installment

This is by far the best thing I've read. The Stranger needs to give these guys a weekly column...Think how awesome that would be!

Posted by blah | April 10, 2007 3:30 PM

uh, if you're playing house parties, you're hardly a real band. sounds like a bunch of children playing shitty music in disgusting basements. it was fun to read, but seriously, if you're not already washing dishes at a local restaruant or bussing tables, you guys should get jobs. it's not a tour if you're playing houses! seriously, how many actual clubs did you play? what was the ratio of clubs to house parties? any joker can set up and play in a basement.

Posted by porta_potty | April 10, 2007 3:46 PM

Sniff, sniff ... that was awesome. I got a li'l' choked up reading that. Well done Trashies, you just made me a fan.

Posted by Whatevs | April 10, 2007 3:54 PM

Truly a well told tale. You've written down what I've felt during and after touring but was too burnt out and lazy to write myself.

Thanks for dredging up some of my memories, and thanks to porta_potty for piping in with what I can only hope is a brilliant example of a tongue-in-cheek comment.

Posted by andy | April 10, 2007 5:15 PM

A well-felt and unique travelogue that should be published more widely, if only as a counterpoint to "Get in the Van!"

Sure our country's going down the tubes, but there's solid people and gorgeous scenery out there, each of which you captured eloquently.

Welcome home, boys, and thanks for the stories!

Posted by theejackalope | April 10, 2007 6:59 PM

Fuck yeah.

Posted by Schneider's Utility Belt | April 10, 2007 8:47 PM

Trashies...I will miss your excellent road stories, they really were entertaining. Please go on tour again soon so we can live vicariously through your posts.

RE: porta_potty....any place you can set up and have lots of people have fun or dig your music is a valid show. If you get in a van, drive all over the country and back doing it, it's called a tour.

Posted by Sally Struthers Lawnchair | April 11, 2007 12:04 PM

wow, you guys are doing what many wish they could. I'm sure you met many interesting people and saw some wild times. When you can party and play music for a month and live in close quarters and not kill each other,thats a good thing.
GL 4550 b0b