« This Week's Setlist | Triumph of Lethargy, Feral Chi... »

Friday, April 6, 2007

(Grand) Archives To Open For Modest Mouse

posted by on April 6 at 16:47 PM

Grand Archives—formerly just Archiveswill join Modest Mouse on their upcoming US tour, beginning with their April 15th show at the Paramount. This will be their second show ever. Congratulations, guys.

way to go, dipshits.

Posted by fuck jeff montano | April 6, 2007 5:59 PM

Way to effing go is right

Posted by But Man Tan Rules | April 7, 2007 11:27 PM

Jeff is fucking rad.

Posted by Schneider's Utility Belt | April 8, 2007 2:53 AM

Hope they blow MM off the.... wait who are these guys and why should give a shit?

Posted by Biggie j | April 8, 2007 3:51 PM

Biggie J........don't get out much do ya?

Posted by ty | April 8, 2007 7:20 PM

we shouldn't give a shit.

Posted by jim | April 9, 2007 8:20 AM

biggie, you shouldn't give a shit, it promises to be a another bullshit hype machine move by the stranger to suck cap hill cock.

Posted by tonal | April 9, 2007 9:33 AM

Gee, they've played exaclty what? Two live shows. Forgive us if we have yet to see 'em live yet.

Right about now I'd say they are this year's Band of Horses, which given the run that band is on is not such a bad thing.

Still, might want to remember eXBeFRIeNDS before we start up the ol' Stranger hype machine. Somethings don't always last a long time, despite what Daniel Johnston may think.

Posted by Whatevs | April 9, 2007 9:52 AM

Who at the Stranger (Hype Machine) said anything about this band lasting a long time?

Posted by Eric Grandy | April 9, 2007 9:59 AM

No one.

The point was they've played one show.

I really like what I've heard and I hope they do last a long time, but I want to see 'em play live before I start shining their shoes. BTW, that's my only talent.

Posted by Whatevs | April 9, 2007 10:25 AM

they hadn't even played a show and stranger did a big article about them. really guys, give the scenster hype a rest.

Posted by tonal | April 9, 2007 11:10 AM

That article was based on a great demo the band had recorded, and was a show preview. Really guys, give the trollish hate a rest.

Posted by Eric Grandy | April 9, 2007 1:31 PM

Eric, I respect you as a writer, but I think you need a thicker skin.

Ignore the trolls.

Music is fun. Arguing taste is not.

I like what i've heard from GA and I look dorward to seeing them live April 27 at the Crocodile.

See you there.

Posted by Whatevs | April 9, 2007 1:41 PM

Skin's plenty thick, I'm just amazed at how suspicious people can be about music in an age when it's instantaneously easy to go hear it out for one's self. Don't like 'em? Fine. But I don't get all the, "Let's wait for them to prove it" shit, when they have songs out there in the world right now. That is proof, and of course you can like it or not.

Posted by Eric Grandy | April 9, 2007 2:09 PM

haters homework assignment:
(fill in the blank)
Nirvana had (blank) shows before signing to Sub Pop.

Posted by Kurdt | April 9, 2007 2:15 PM

Eric,

I think people are skeptical because recording a good demo and winning over a live audience are two seperate beasts.

In the myspace age, EVERYONE has a decent demo, not all bring that same talent to the stage. Thus the healthy bit of skepticism. The people that have already written this band off based on hype and hype alone, are just trying to get a rise.

I think I've made a pretty good point.

Posted by Whatevs | April 9, 2007 2:54 PM

Yeah I guess I don't get out much at all and anymore. Sucks to have resposabillities and a job and not enough time to listen to a already blood infested swamp of music.
I have only lived here 19 years and heard nothing but wonderful things about our local music scene! Music scene? Seattle has a music scene?
Grand Archives give hype a bad name.
I didn't move here from California for the music.

Posted by biggie j | April 10, 2007 8:28 AM

The (Grand) Archives are a breed from Carissa's Wierd. So if people are skeptical, they will see that they are amazing live. Carissa's Wierd was one of the most amazing bands coming out of Seattle, it would make sense that Modest Mouse would have them on tour, seeing that I believe they are fans of Mat Brooke, (former Carissa's Wierd) plus musicians that respect each other and from the same area are good friends..

Posted by pookeye | April 16, 2007 12:00 PM