Line Out: Music & Nightlife

RSS icon Comments on Slather the Buffalo Musk

going to see them tonite here in tucson. i have just barely shut up about how great they were last time they played here (3 years ago).

Posted by tenspeed | April 18, 2007 12:25 PM

uhhh... by 'them' i mean trans am.

Posted by tenspeed | April 18, 2007 12:26 PM

Bands and musk go together like...
like cigarettes and coffee. Stay normal.

Posted by Knasty | April 18, 2007 2:34 PM

-- pelican is great for long drives!

Posted by Aaro)))n Edge | April 18, 2007 2:53 PM

I have been bribed once again to be the east coast correspondent for HLAK. So while we await their stink-van's arrival in our metropolis, I can inform you of a few things. First off, Trent, (or T-momo, or T-Stack or little bitch, his monikers are many) is an awesome drummer and HLAK never fail to rock nyc. However, fashion choices, not to mention body odor masking techniques, continue to be troubling. Just now, T informed me via 2-way wrist radio that he's looking forward to hitting Canal St. for an oversize dollar-sign medallion. Here in Brooklyn, it's okay to wear whatever you fucking want, even if yr a white boy, if u got the attitude to pull it off, but I didn't have the heart to tell him that bling looks bad on a kid with a maroon turtleneck, wide striped tie, and a superman outfit underneath. There goes his cred. Secondly, I was concerned about the musk thing. He will be visiting our facilities, and there's already a cigar smoker and an incense burner here. It's bad enough cleaning his spilled, half-drunk can of beer out of the carpet. Why should I have to deal with more offensive odors? Thankfully, he assured me that he did a pressure wash this morning to remove the offensive scent. He had to, or Dave was threatening to bungie him to the roof of their van. So maybe all will be okay. Looking forward to tonight's show, and after his set, I'll try to get some homies to snarf T's bling, saving him from further embarrasment.

Posted by bosch | April 18, 2007 3:10 PM

totally dig the "unnamed" track on that pelican album, too. their new one is on the way--i cant wait to hear it.

Posted by jz | April 18, 2007 4:19 PM

Calling the new Modest Mouse album "too poppy" is like calling a new High on Fire album "too heavy." What do you expect? They've always been on the wussy indie pop tip.

Posted by neo-realist | April 18, 2007 8:19 PM

ahhh yesss.. jovan musk is a classic, it can also be used as flea repellent, an engine additive, or on a wet napkin as a travel shower.

Posted by spanky | April 18, 2007 10:58 PM

Love the bathroom highway cologne dispensor. I myself would have gone for the Brut.

Any nude shots yet?

Posted by shane | April 19, 2007 12:45 AM

You should have gone for the Brut, it smells like the sweat from an Ox's testicles.

Posted by miss brame | April 19, 2007 10:09 AM