« Georgetown Music Fest | Gross! »

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Beastie Boys to Play Pre-Squatch Show at the Croc

posted by on May 22 at 16:08 PM

beasite_boys6.jpg

The rumors are true: The Beastie Boys are playing a show this Friday night at the Crocodile. Tickets go on sale at 5 pm today at Ticketmaster online. They cost $25—not bad at all—and the show is all-ages.

The scene will be a total zoo, I’m sure, and I’d venture that the Boys will do a short set of their new instrumentals. But damn, it’ll be fun as hell. I saw them play a fan club-only set in Santa Cruz in October of last year—700 people, sold-out minutes after tickets went on sale—and they killed it. Tickets will be hard to come by but probably worth the effort.

UPDATE: Tickets actually go on sale tomorrow at 4 p.m. at Ticketmaster.com.

DOUBLE UPDATE: According to an anonymous source, the Beastie Boys’ contract rider requires “an obscene amount” of almond butter.

Before going to the BB zoo, check out Paula Maya at Folklife 7:30 for FREE. We were having dinner at Jai Thai on Broadway this past Saturday, and were shocked at how good this woman sang/played. Only about ten of us were there, with maybe only three people who came specifically to see her. She's from Brazil, living in Seattle and apparently has big followings in Houston and New Orleans.

Posted by bonehead's girlfriend | May 22, 2007 11:02 AM

Ticketbastard is selling the tickets?! You know the service charge is going to be $20....

Posted by Scottie | May 22, 2007 12:49 PM

The internets say that tickets don't go on sale until wednesday at 4pm. Is there some sort of secret code or something for early tickets?

Posted by blah | May 22, 2007 1:10 PM

I heard that they are playing two shows and one is going to be their instrumental set. I'm not talking about the Sasquatch shows. Any info on that or does it mean they are going to play two SETS? or is their show at the croc ONLY going to be their instrumental set?

Posted by Scottie | May 22, 2007 1:13 PM

Scottie: Could the second show be the secret headliner show at Neumo's on Monday, which is all of 10 bucks?

Posted by kasa | May 22, 2007 4:04 PM

kinda tacky to promote your show here, ya think?

Posted by ms manners | May 22, 2007 4:48 PM

that was meant for bonehead's gf, fyi.

Posted by ms manners | May 22, 2007 4:50 PM

yeah, bonehead's gf, what are you planning to spend all the proceeds from that show on, huh? geez mm, you must be as much of an insignificant, shrill seeunexttuesday as your nom de plume.

Posted by anom | May 22, 2007 7:30 PM

22 May 2007
A GALA EVENT

Dear patrons of the arts. To usher in the summer concerto season, we
will be staging an exclusive Gala event this Friday, May 25 in the
glorious city of Seattle, Washington, at a cozy little venue called
the Crocodile Cafe.

Please join us to "Lick Shots" and ring in this most wonderful time of year.

"Touch yourself."

Beastie Boys - A Gala Event - Exclusive Instrumental Show
Friday, May 25th
Seattle, WA - Crocodile Cafe

Tickets on sale Wednesday, May 23rd at 4pm:
www.ticketmaster.com/event/0F003EB5E3D7E5C3

There is a 2 ticket limit for this show. All tickets are to be picked
up at the venue box office the night of the show. You MUST bring a
government issued photo ID and the credit card used to purchase
tickets in order to retrieve your tickets. Tickets are
non-transferable.

All ages
Doors open at 7pm
Show at 8pm

Sincerely yours,
The management

P.S. we have some new shirts in! Check them out at
www.beastieboys.com/store/themixup/

www.beastieboys.com

(c) 2007 Capitol Music Group, 150 5th Ave., New York, NY 10011
Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe

Posted by Mr_Friendly | May 23, 2007 10:01 AM

what is "the internets"?

Posted by dc | May 23, 2007 11:08 AM

Sold out already. Daaamn!

Posted by laterite | May 23, 2007 4:04 PM

sold out in under a minute. Something's not right. Did anybody actually get tickets? or were they all given out prior?

Posted by brad | May 23, 2007 4:05 PM

Cool idea, but Devilmaster stole all the tickets. Got in at 4 on the button, and not a ticket available. Devilmaster employees and shareholders gfy.

Posted by vegetable lasagna | May 23, 2007 4:08 PM

Ha, I totally got two. And was in a panic the whole time. The whole "you have 2 minutes to complete this page" thing is scary.

Posted by M to the Q | May 23, 2007 4:09 PM

Hopefully I will be able to download the bootleg next week.

Posted by elswinger | May 23, 2007 4:10 PM

That's bullshit.

Posted by brad | May 23, 2007 4:11 PM

I got 2! ticketbastard charge of 3.63 a ticket, which is the cheapest I've ever seen it.

Posted by wisepunk | May 23, 2007 4:14 PM

I don't buy that for a second that anyone got them online. I'd have to be some sucker who believes that the Beasties have gone instru - mental.

Posted by vegetable lasagna | May 23, 2007 4:31 PM

Was there before 4 PM, waiting, waiting, as soon as tickets showed available went to order.....must've entered the security word a good 50 times in a row before giving up. Online from work with fastest connection possible. Unreal that they sold out in less than 10 seconds. Totally lame.

Posted by chris | May 23, 2007 4:34 PM

S to my D and a$$funk, go back to SD at 107.7. I was set like Chris, and there were no tickets that went out over at tktbastard. This was as rigged as the next Pakistani elections.

Posted by anom | May 23, 2007 4:58 PM

seriously, how many tix were actually available today?

Posted by Ryan | May 23, 2007 5:08 PM

Tickets didn't last 10 seconds.

Posted by john | May 23, 2007 5:23 PM

seriously I got two tickets over the internet. your internet-fu is weak.

Posted by wisepunk | May 23, 2007 5:39 PM

Since I got dict on the whole Beas at the croc thing I'm kinda happy to say
Beastie Management and the Croc have had a falling out with payment and security issues.. Refunds will be available within 4 days..

Posted by blingnseattle | May 23, 2007 5:58 PM

blingnseattle, i hope it's true, and the beasties wised up about to the farce of playing a show for a bunch of 107.7 flunkies. enjoy the imtimate sum41 show wisepunk.

Posted by vegetable lasagna | May 23, 2007 6:36 PM

Hey.. I have two tickets to go... but me and my friend want to drive up to sasquatch early... Ill sell my tickets to the highest bidder... or best trader.

shoot me a myspace message, or email