« Bottomless Pit | War and Pizza »

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Invasion of Your Privacy

posted by on May 9 at 11:17 AM

Okay, so yesterday Trent Moorman made a great post, HERE, about Sonic Boom Records. In the comments, I claimed to have a book of photographs of the band RATT. I found it. I bought this book years ago, stoned out of my gourd, at Value Village. It’s one of those things that you can only magically find when your super-baked at the thrift store. At first, it looked like a library book. Then I opened it and noticed the big stamp on the first page: THIS BOOK IS NO LONGER PROPERTY OF THE KING COUNTY LIBRARY. After examining the pages and pages of pictures, I decided that the book wasn’t expelled because of age (1985), or subject matter (’80s hair metal), or for any other reasonable reason. My theory is that some little old lady librarian saw something wrong with THIS, THIS, or maybe THIS….

ratt-snake.jpg

What’s wrong with boys in a little spandex?

The male camel-toe in that first shot is amazing.

Posted by Eric Grandy | May 9, 2007 11:22 AM

i don't know eric, gym socks maybe? it's the oldest trick in the book. i wonder if his mom sent them to him for christmas...

Posted by dre | May 9, 2007 12:08 PM

i don't find anything wrong with this, however i am a little irritated with bands like the decemberists and the arcade fire copping the high-handed style and swagger of these 80's greats.

Posted by Graig Markel | May 9, 2007 12:17 PM

For the record, guys, the male camel-toe is properly referred to as a "ninja foot". If you don't understand why, I recommend a google image search. Thanks for considering this today.

Posted by Matt Fuckin' Hickey | May 9, 2007 4:10 PM

but what about the B+W photo? that's not a camel toe is it? it's uh, full on, um... hmm. Need a new word...

Posted by KELLY O | May 9, 2007 4:31 PM

It's called a moose knuckle.

Posted by Moose | May 9, 2007 4:53 PM

kelly, it's weeeeeen! ratt ween.

Posted by dre | May 9, 2007 4:56 PM

that dude's dick is flipping me off. thats a whole new plane of disrespect.

Posted by lar | May 10, 2007 12:35 PM

Reminds me of this awesome single I have:

"All Balls" b/w "Pink Cake"

Posted by Marcy Winterbottom | May 10, 2007 4:48 PM