« Moog: Multiple Personality Reo... | Go Away, Julian Casablancas! »

Thursday, June 28, 2007

I Also Like Rusted Guns of Milan

posted by on June 28 at 11:09 AM

I am not up on things such as album releases.

Therefore, I would like to know—doesn’t Art Brut have a new record out?

Is it any good?

Here are my criteria for good: If it is like “Moving to LA.”

I’M CONSIDERING A MOVE TO LA! (He’s considering a move to LA.) I’M CONSIDERING A MOVE TO LA! (He’s considering a move to LA.)

Considering a move to LA is the best reason for a white guy to scream passionately into a mike in the year 2007.

YES! OMG! It has a straight-edge triangle and a protractor on the cover (for making art!), and it's called It's a Bit Complicated (but it's not so much). And it has some cute (if not quite as meta-tastic) songs. My faves so far are "Nag Nag Nag Nag" and "Pimp Up the Volume."

Posted by Eric Grandy | June 28, 2007 11:35 AM

Oh, but the song you might really like if you like "Moving To LA" is "People in Love". Lyrics: "People in love lie around and get fat/I didn't want us to end up like that."

Posted by Eric Grandy | June 28, 2007 11:37 AM

No need to worry about new releases Jen, mouth-pooh groot is here to delete the day. Check out the registered Art Brut franchise vid from July 6th a year ago. It's in the archives of http://www.tullycraft.com/ (more mouth-pooh in those comments- sad thing is 90% of what i write is true)

Yes, I want to get out of here, but my plane was cancelled (see the cover of today's P.I.) and relief has been postponed a couple of days.

Other comments regarding Steen's critique of Spangethal, and the formative years of myself (in the NW) and Sun Ra are forthcoming.

Any bets that Cori is much happier having left The Stranger?

Posted by Garrett | June 28, 2007 11:50 AM

Also, Eddie Argos screams passionately into a mic, not a Mike. Unless Mike happens to be in the front row...

Posted by Eric Grandy | June 28, 2007 11:56 AM

Rusted Gun, Little Brother and Modern Art were all great. Move to LA seems a little conscious of comparisons to Weezer.

I'm just excited that Art Brut are playing the Sunday of Bumbershoot, and from their website, it appears that they're flying half way around the world to do it. Either they're really popular in Seattle (with more than Eric and I) or they have no clue that they're playing a glorified state fair with a truly horrific sound system. That said, And You'll Know Us . . . . put on the best show I've seen at the Siren Festival a couple years ago, although I was (and they probably were) piss-drunk.

Posted by vegetable lasagna | June 28, 2007 1:14 PM

I guess they still make videos. I expected a pudgy, pasty English guy, but what's the Bryan Ferry look? Does anyone sound like Roxy Music these days?

Posted by vegetable lasagna | June 28, 2007 2:35 PM

evluq lqfyhk bzakdwre raqpsugh qgzjsixy bgmvwasku suxmi

Posted by bwxokl omlpesy | July 9, 2007 9:53 AM

uozcnsi ieovbqhck exvrpu kbjntxop gkip zxruiok wngj

Posted by wcerfj oubvhp | July 10, 2007 2:12 PM

vylewbzo nrio pywiqeg tapndhq eoawvnl zcgren djtumy http://www.mpqkljefs.rjifumnc.com

Posted by vzirfcma ntzmwfujq | July 10, 2007 2:13 PM