« Let's Pretend We're Not Dead | Architecture in Helsinki - "He... »

Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Block Party Battle of the Bands Just Got Interesting

posted by on June 10 at 13:49 PM

Mostly because of the participation of the Pwrfl Power. Honestly, if “Tomato Song” gets to be on an Esurance commercial, I will be so psyched.
The competition takes place at the Vera Project on June 15th at 8 pm. Hopefully it’s judged by cheering, and I guarantee no one could ever not cheer for Kazutaka Nomura. He is a magickal pixie being who deserves to win this entirely bizarre contest.

i trust no judges in these piece of pooh contests, least of all promoters.

for a while, i was emailing this woman Shanti (peace? hmmmm, more like avoid communication) off the yahoo pop list discussing ideas.

we met a few times at shows that followed. i have an entire first act written of a musical because of it. yeah, but, you know what? you guessed it -

"it's not quite burning bridges, when the bridges, well, they just fall down" - Tullycraft The Singles

Posted by Garrett | June 10, 2007 3:55 PM

Um, @1 - I don't understand what you're saying here. Looks like gibberish.

I have a question. Does anybody know the list of the bands who made the top 8?

Posted by Eric | June 11, 2007 6:51 AM

Grynch
Lonely Forest
PWRFL Power
Neezie Pleaze
Speaker Speaker
Skullbot
Optimus Rhyme
The Sutures

Posted by here | June 11, 2007 7:59 AM

Eric, Don't mind me. I never made it through Back to the Furure. Since I likely won't be it to the Vera show (though being there would be cool(). I'll cast my clapcheer in now, Speaker Speaker! I'll clap loudly for the magkial pixie too, he/she/them does deserve to win. Honestly, I'll not beliaeve an esurance commewoccial.Gibberish didn't made it to the top eight? They're on my space top 8?

Posted by Garrett | June 11, 2007 9:33 AM

Garrett, I have to admit I am continually befuddled by your musings here, but this is the first time I've felt the need to speak up. What in the world do Shanti (who hasn't booked shows in ages) and some communications you had with her over 3 years ago have to do with anything?

Posted by Levislade | June 11, 2007 10:16 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's continually befuddled!

Posted by Sally Struthers Lawnchair | June 11, 2007 11:06 AM

According to the Vera site, Iceage Cobra is also on the list of competitors.

Posted by matt garman | June 11, 2007 11:44 AM

Today I'm at Uncle Elizabeth's and for the first time in 3-4 years the worker called me by my name. I'm happy and a bit befuddled at the same time. There's classical music overhead, and I need to start performing music again. Tonight I'll contest my Alvarez at the drawing potluck. thanks for the inspiration @ before 1, @5, 6 3 .

Posted by Garrett | June 11, 2007 12:32 PM