« Crusty Old Dean The RIAA To Bu... | What the Hell is Beyonce Talki... »

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What is the Sound of One Ego Tripping?

posted by on June 26 at 12:47 PM

zeitgeist_cover.jpg

I’ve been listening to my advance copy. It’s been hard.

Look for a full review by the Great Pumpkin himself in next week’s issue.

I don't hate it, but I do enjoy it. It's definitely not his best, but it's a big improvement from his last two adventures.

Zwan was lacking originality, and every song sounded the same as the last. Ride A Black Swan and Declarations Of Faith are really the only songs on the CD worthy of keeping on a playlist.

The Future Embrace felt more like an ego-trip than Zeitgeist did to me. Though, to be fair I loved and still love All Things Change and A100.

So basically I only enjoyed two songs from each of his last two attempts at salvaging what was once at least (my) favorite bands. I will purchase Zeitgeist when it finally hits the shelves.

Posted by Mr. Poe | June 26, 2007 4:31 PM

ho my goodness. this seems almost perverse. can't wait

Posted by sam | June 26, 2007 4:43 PM

Which version are you listening to? The Target version has a bonus track (the fucking title track!), the Best Buy version has a different bonus track, and the i-tunes version has yet another bonus track. Indie stores, no bonus tracks. Full story... http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/43795-smashing-pumpkins-to-fans-indie-stores-fuck-you

Posted by matt | June 26, 2007 7:48 PM

Didn't everybody stop listening to this band after that horribly titled "Mellon Collie" record? Seriously, haven't they been completely irrelevant for 12 years now? Why does anybody care?

I've hated that bald dude ever since he took Roger Waters place at the Pink Floyd Hall of Fame induction. Twat.

Posted by Mattydread | June 27, 2007 8:55 AM

gctybsp rfhjgaey rmlgob xqlre ahotfnu upqmyicdt hdwxnzc

Posted by egku cgafmp | July 10, 2007 8:09 PM

gctybsp rfhjgaey rmlgob xqlre ahotfnu upqmyicdt hdwxnzc

Posted by egku cgafmp | July 10, 2007 8:10 PM

cyhsbg jdyp favgjntr geowpkru fhuaxpzbv dgqlkh fpoukgmcx http://www.glspqjzr.dwjmzxpnf.com

Posted by jaunlq gkcpeu | July 10, 2007 8:10 PM