« "If the Internet was designed ... | Whoa, This is... Wow »

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Block Party Band of the Day!

posted by on July 18 at 11:00 AM

Devlin & Darko, DJ Pretty Titty, DJ Franki Chan

devlin_darko2.jpg

Spank Rock DJs Devlin & Darko’s recent Fabric Live mix CD goes from classic hip hop to Italo disco to Baltimore club to French electro without missing a beat, and so do their live sets.

The consummate party starters will rock the Neumo’s Stage on Saturday, July 28th at 12:00am.

l_4bac8b41b72cffdc0997042c1784ef2a.jpg

UrbanDictionary.com defines “Pretty Titty” as: 1. A man with hair-less (sic), smooth, soft titties, 2. Identifying a girl who isn’t hot, but has large breasts. DJ Pretty Titty is not an ugly girl with large breats, and he may or may not have smooth, soft titties—you’d have to ask him. But he definitely has a smooth touch on the turntables, and a large virtual record crate full of pop jams and club killers.

Bonus! Here’s a sneak preview of Pretty Titty and Devlin’s new mix, “Sink or Swim,” which will be available in full soon via Sweidish blog Discobelle (this is the Pretty Titty portion):

Pretty Titty & Devlin - “Sink or Swim” (yousendit)

l_3f40b796ef49e466f585c3ce084c116e.jpg

Seattle ex-pat Franki Chan has flourished in LA, throwing numerous hype parties, starting indie label iheartcomix (home to fellow Block Party rockers Matt & Kim), and further honing his populist party rocking DJ style. Expect lots of grinning pop hits and the ghetto blasting Flosstradamus remix of Matt & Kim.

Pretty Titty and Franki Chan play the Neumo’s Stage on Saturday, July 28th at 11:00pm.

See the full Capitol Hill Block Party lineup here.

Stoked for D and D. Their remix CD is great, but I was a little emberassed by the Romantics and Yes remixes.

Posted by Whatevs | July 18, 2007 11:23 AM

Come on, "Owner of a Lonely Heart" is, like, only the best Yes song ever! What's funny, though, Devlin told me when I interviewed him, that they weren't allowed to scratch or cut that record in any way for the Fabric mix; they were only allowed to fade it in and fade it out. No alteration of that pristine sound allowed!

Posted by Eric Grandy | July 18, 2007 11:26 AM

I cannot wait for this!

Posted by racheal huffman | July 18, 2007 11:32 AM

Oh, I love "Owner ..." and "Talking in your sleep" but they seemed so out of place on Fabricdead33.

I'm debating getting 33.3. Overkill ya know.

Posted by Whatevs | July 18, 2007 11:52 AM

Damn it Grandy! I was gonna post that mix on my blog as a preview for the BP but you beat me to it. But still... it's a seriously good mix.

Posted by dg | July 27, 2007 12:23 AM