« Moools Update! | Ol' Buck, the Final Installmen... »

Friday, July 27, 2007

Hot Mix Action!!!!!

posted by on July 27 at 10:39 AM

Two mixes for you today, to help get you through the last hours before the Block Party.

1) Red Pony (Rebecca West) @ Broken Disco

redpony.JPG
I spent this week’s column gushing about Rebecca West and her Red Pony set at the last Broken Disco. Now the set can finally be shared with those who might not have been in attendance that night. Rebecca originally recorded the set in real-time but accidentally overwrote the file, so she recreated it in her studio. Enjoy.

2) DJ Pretty Titty for Discobelle.net

prettytitty.jpg
Seattle’s getting its name out there on the hipster dance circuit, and now DJ Pretty Titty’s made the digital big time, contributing to a mix for discobelle.net (good site with a constant flow of fresh tunes). He’s compiled the second half of a mix with Devlin Darko (of Spankrock). Both are playing the Block Party Saturday night. Enjoy.

Pretty Titty's mix is fresh... and I'm eager to hear Red Pony after hearing all the positive reviews (and also missing her right before I got to Broken Disco)... Thanks!

Posted by dg | July 27, 2007 11:07 AM

Nice work Dante! I'm stoked to hear this Red Pony set.

Posted by boyd main | July 27, 2007 12:00 PM

Oops, sorry.
"A"/"O" - you know what I mean.

Posted by boyd main | July 27, 2007 12:01 PM

cannot bring myself to listen to anyone named pretty titty. especially after seeing his picture. what is that all about?

Posted by Huh | July 28, 2007 9:47 AM

@4 It's about douchebag dance music. *Snort/sniff*

Posted by pete maravich's socks | July 28, 2007 12:21 PM

So, Red Pony was really the only thing worth seeing last Broken Disco. M'Chateau played some good tracks, and The Field were fun for a bit... but Red Pony came out and threw down exactly what I was craving to hear.

Although I'm still excited about Broken Disco, nothing except Red Pony has helped re-create that first night with John Tejada in April. Perhaps King Britt will bring some good stuff in August...

..thanks Red Pony!!