« Arrington de Dionyso @ the Com... | There Was a Formula »

Monday, July 9, 2007

I Knew There Was Another Reason to Be Skeptical Of Metallica…

posted by on July 9 at 10:43 AM

Matt Hickey at crunchgear.com (who’s always good for a hot tip) just sent me this link about Metallica’s frontman James Hetfield being under investigation for terrorism.

metallica.jpg

Metallica singer James Hetfield was investigated by UK airport officials who belieed he was a terrorist this week, it has been claimed. The star was barred entry to Luton airport on Thursday and questioned by staff who were concerned about his appearance.

Full story at Yahoo! News UK.

Jesus, first you're denying global warming in your NOFX posts, now you're siding with discriminatory "anti-terrorist" laws! "Concerned about his appearance?!" Fuck his appearance, if they want to hang him for terrorism, they could indict based solely on late career musical output.

Posted by Eric Grandy | July 9, 2007 10:52 AM

that promo pic is reason enough to arrest him.

Posted by brad | July 9, 2007 1:06 PM

C'mon, James is a sweetheart.

Bob Rock's the one you should be going after.

I think I'll pop in "Some Kind of Moster" now.

Posted by Paulus | July 9, 2007 1:45 PM

Hell yeah he's probably a terrorist! I bet *HIS OWN FANS* felt pretty terrorized receiving a lawsuit from him just because they used Napster. I'm *really* open-minded to alot of music, but this might be the only band that elicits a small chunky piece of bile in my mouth everytime their name gets mentioned out loud.

Posted by godsactionfigure | July 9, 2007 3:01 PM

watching Bob Rock's heart break when Hetfield reminded him that he was only their temporary bassist was topped only by Dave Mustaine finally getting a chance to give Metallica--on film--the guilt trip he'd been playing over and over in his head since '80-whenever. a must see for fans and haters alike.

Posted by sam | July 9, 2007 6:09 PM