« Decibel Fest Announces Initial... | This Week's Setlist? Yes. Fina... »

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Maritime Post New Song; Megan Thinks New Song is Really Good

posted by on July 17 at 10:56 AM

maritime.jpg

(Photo by Mark Dawursk)

Do you love Maritime? Because I love Maritime. We the Vehicles was one of my favorite records in 2006, and I know I have to, but I can’t wait until October when the follow-up, Heresy and the Hotel Choir, is released. If you’re with me on this one, then here, let me make your day.

The band has just posted a new song from the upcoming record called “For Science Fiction.” Click and you shall hear.

I love it. I love the subtle moog noises, I love how the guitars are really poppy but still huge, and I love what Davey does at the end—“I wanna thank God! Thank God! Thank God!!” And does anyone else really, really love love the sound of the bass? Because I really, really love love the sound of the bass.

I am going to listen to this song for the rest of the day and nothing else.

please tell me that someone other than megan wrote the headline for this post. seriously.

i'll suffer through the mediocre content, questionable music tastes, and painful photos of animals regularly on display here at Line Out. but, referring to oneself in the third as a header? really bad.

Posted by kerri harrop | July 17, 2007 12:06 PM

jeepers who cares? At least the headline tells you what the post is about. It's not like the whole post is in 3rd person.

You go Megan - you remind me of the carefree young woman I never was, with your unabashed love of boy pop, straight shooting on the evils of foamy handsoap and hilarious cat pictures. We should all be so honest to one another.

May you never be frumpy - keep living the dream for the rest of us.

Posted by rubyred | July 17, 2007 1:42 PM

I've hardly given ole Von Bohlen a chance since the abysmal Wood/Water, but I have to agree, this song is pretty darn good. Kind of a Weakerthans moment when he says "benediction." Nice one.

Posted by Eric Grandy | July 17, 2007 1:52 PM

Yes, Kerri, you shall suffer. And we shall suffer through your rambling name-dropping comments.

Posted by huh? | July 17, 2007 2:47 PM

@4: a cursory glance at my history on both Slog and Line Out will reveal that i reserve name-dropping for actual posts, rather than comments, as you erroneously suggest.

i do, however, appreciate your thoughtful criticism. snarky, anonymous comments are the backbone of internet society. it takes a very special person to hide behind a name and post negative commentary about others in a public forum. thank you for helping keep the online world so mean-spirited and cowardly.

and, from such a clever moniker as huh?, no less!

i would love to ramble on some more about this but i'm on my way to meet up with some Names. i'm sure you understand, huh?

Posted by kerri harrop | July 17, 2007 10:17 PM

I may be a coward; you may be a cow.

Posted by huh? | July 19, 2007 12:34 PM