« Ol' Buck, the Final Installmen... | Best Song Ever (This Week): "S... »

Friday, July 27, 2007

T-Minus… A Few Hours. I Don’t Feel Like Doing Math.

posted by on July 27 at 11:41 AM

Block Party set-up has begun. Pike is shut down from Broadway to 12th. 10th and 11th are shut down from Pine to Union.

bpdetour.jpg

Pike and Broadway

bpbeergarden.jpg

Beer garden

bpverastage.jpg

Vera Stage and sound tent

bpmainstage.jpg

Mainstage

BP Organizer Dave Meinert was wandering the grounds and, seeing as how the biggest block party in the city is set to go down in about four hours, he seemed really calm. He’s also stoked about the new mainstage which, according to him, is bigger this year—higher and wider. He also promises that it won’t sway and constantly threaten to collapse (or at least look like it) like the stage did during last year’s Murder City Devils’ performance.

Any suggestions as to where folks should look to park? Thanks!

Posted by Jon | July 27, 2007 12:19 PM

i'd park in the residential areas around union and 14th near chop suey. only a few blocks away and no meters to contend with.

Posted by donte | July 27, 2007 12:33 PM

Any info on tickets for day of? I went to Urban Outfitters downtown and they said none of their stores had tickets and weren't sure about Neumo's or any other location. Thanks.

Posted by Nic | July 27, 2007 1:34 PM

Or anywhere on any of the following bus lines: 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 43, 49, 60 . . .

Posted by Levislade | July 27, 2007 1:56 PM

You can buy tickets day of at the main entry - Pike and Broadway. It's not sold out, even if UO or Ticketswest.com tells you it is.

Posted by Megan Seling | July 27, 2007 2:01 PM

I just bought tickets off of Ticketwest for Sat. Not sold out. I would advise taking a bus or cab though, parking will be sucky. Plus, that way you can get all drunked up in the sun.

Posted by BenskiBeat | July 27, 2007 2:34 PM

How late will they sell tickets at the main entry. I won't be able to get there until midnight but I want to see Girl Talk.

Posted by Mat | July 27, 2007 3:20 PM

I didn't realize that the Neumo's stage was 21 and over. I'm fucking pissed.

Posted by cody | July 27, 2007 4:01 PM