« Soul Shower | Great Moments in Television »

Monday, July 16, 2007

We come from fire. We come from ice. We come from paradise.

posted by on July 16 at 2:16 AM

IMG_1739.JPG

Lee “Scratch” Perryisms:

I am the piss champion.
All life come from water.
All life need water.
Ma wata ma piss.
I am the piss champion.

I am the pussy man.
Every one of us come from pussy.
I praise the woman witha pussy.
I am the pussy man.

Cigarette is killarette.
Is nigarette.
Smoka da ganja.

Scratch - the man, the myth. My favorite Scratch story is how Bob Marley stole his house band from him (Carly & Aston Barrett).

Posted by DC | July 16, 2007 11:31 AM

that show last night was kinda legendary. scratch dives into the stream of consciousness and goes over the falls. you have no idea where hes going, lyrically, then he gets there, and it all makes sense.

he rhymed "clap" with "hop" and did this great little dance. by the end of the set, weird as he was, he had everyone vibing with him, and he clearly felt it too. sang a marley tune (cant remember which--"sun is shining?"). came out for an extended encore. when it was all over, it felt like we had witnessed a truly great show, way better than i expected.

props to dub is a weapon as his backing band. just minimal enough. cant wait for sly and robbie.

Posted by jz | July 16, 2007 2:29 PM

For sure Sly & Robbie is not to be missed. EMP actually put a great show on a few years back - it was a tribute to dub type thing, with Scratch, Scientist, AND Mad professor. the live band was led by fully fullwood. Mad Prof & Scientist were at the mixing board, but nobody recognized them, so i just stood right behind them and watched them do their thing. Amazing.

Posted by DC | July 16, 2007 2:58 PM

Perry is proof of alien life.

If Scratch is the messenger, Sly and Robbie are the vessel to carry it.

Posted by Whatevs | July 17, 2007 8:48 AM

AAAARG. I'm so mad. Wish I wasn't so busy that I missed even seeing any Ad- Campaign for his comming concert.I have always been into Lee Scratch and roots rock dub reggae since I was 10 and first heard it on the radio. I've got so many studio tracks he has done.
Old school Seattle Reggae Dj, if you remember those days the Australian guy,Norman would play it on the old school KCMU 90.3 positive vibrations.
I've never seen Lee Perry jamdown live, but nevertheless he's always blessed my stereo speakers with his presence.
If I have to go to switzerland and Eruope to see him play then so be it.
To me the mans eternal. All that rave everyone has about John Lennon I have for Lee Scratch Perry. He is the upsetter.
And I love it how Guiness beer have him in their commercials(4 versions) as a star in their ad-campaigns. Much props to the Upsetter.

Posted by DreadLion | July 17, 2007 9:10 AM