« Bands of the Day: Dyme Def and... | Bands and Fans of Bands and Ho... »

Saturday, July 7, 2007

“You Party?”

posted by on July 7 at 10:47 AM

espm02vds.jpg

When I drive, I listen to the radio. Sometimes I scan. Sometimes, the scan lands on a bad song or a song not fitting the mood.

I just pulled up to a stoplight, with the windows down, cranking Sarah Mclachlan. A truck pulled up next to me with its windows down. There were two men in the truck, big men. With cowboy hats on. Maybe in town for the Kenny Chesney show at Qwest field.

They looked at me dismissively. Like, “That’s all you got, boy?” One of them spat. A perfect stream of spit, manly, succinct and dominant, that told me I was the lesser male.

I hit scan, in attempt to redeem, hoping it would land on some sort of Metallica.

It landed on Pink’s “Get This Party Started.”

The man spat again, and was disgusted. I turned it up. He scoffed.

I felt like I had to say something. So I asked him, “You party? Cause I can squat thrust 835 pounds.”

He said nothing, and looked away, somewhat confused. The light turned green. We pulled off. I had won. I tried to spit, but it blew back through the window and landed all over my face. Hopefully, he didn’t see.

You make me laugh, Mr. Moorman. I didn't realize you lifted weights. You don't look like a squat thruster. What are you 6'2" , 175 lbs?

I keep 80's Hits CD in my car at all times. Sometimes you just need to crank REO Speedwagon for the car next to you.

Posted by KayJay | July 7, 2007 11:58 AM

i think i need to have your babies.

Posted by Tom C. | July 7, 2007 12:00 PM

Oh shit, that's the funniest Line-out post I've ever seen....

Posted by godsactionfigure | July 7, 2007 2:53 PM

Out loud I am laughing. Boy you can't squat shit.

Posted by zelda | July 7, 2007 9:20 PM

That's beautiful.

Posted by djgirth | July 7, 2007 9:35 PM

I don't think it could have landed on a better song, Trent - the Get This Party Started. Perfect.

Trent is 170, tops. But I could see him squatting 800 lbs though.

Posted by Molls | July 8, 2007 10:52 AM

spitting through the window of a moving vehicle is truly an art. that's why i keep my ACDC tape close at hand at all times.

Posted by spank | July 8, 2007 11:19 AM

It comforts me to know there are Trents out there.

BTW, I saw him running at Greenlake yesterday in his Sonic Boom t-shirt. Maybe not even 170. A skinny man. But buff of course, squatting 800 pounds will get you that way, and running.

Posted by D | July 8, 2007 12:54 PM

It comforts me to know there are Trents out there.

Posted by D | July 8, 2007 12:54 PM

Um...How do you do weighted squat thrusts?

see example: http://exercise.about.com/b/a/148827.htm

holding 400# dumb bells?

You confused those poor boys...

H.

Posted by Hellicious | July 8, 2007 2:36 PM

I think what Trent really means is the 'Clean & Jerk.'

The ever popular clean & jerk.

Posted by D | July 8, 2007 3:13 PM

you should see trent snatch.

Posted by Jackie Chan | July 8, 2007 7:45 PM