« Sugarcubes Reunion Of Sorts | Some Kind of Urban Art Expo @ ... »

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sticks Vs. Sticks

posted by on August 28 at 11:54 AM

travis-barker-1.jpgBumbershoot has foods on a stick.
Bumbershoot also has drummers with sticks.

Drum sticks Vs. Foods on a stick.

1) Travis Barker of +44 vs. Alligator Meat on a Stick.

New Orleans Cookery will be serving alligator meat on a stick. Yes. A special, spicy, fiery Cajun bite, for those who dabble in the meat. Have some courage and see if it tastes like chicken. Don’t be afraid. But do beware of offended vegetarians.

Travis Barker, drummer from +44 ( and Blink 182), also has fire and bite. He also has full body tattoos, a Mohawk, and piercings everywhere. His razor drumming is shotgun tight with teeth. He won’t bite, but watch out for his snare.

+44 – Saturday, Sept 1st - 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM @ Memorial Stadium
Alligator on a stick – New Orleans Cookery, Mural area

2) Dave Weeks of the Cops Vs. the Shishkaberry

splash_berry_sticks.jpg

Crime Fighting Beats Vs. Chocolaty Summer Treats.

David Weeks is a Seattle drumming institution of solidity. An original member of Kinski, he know brings his thunder for the Cops. He hits every beat as hard as he can. Lately, he has taken to wearing a video camera on his head called the Dave Cam. He’s as in the pocket as a drummer can get.

Shishkaberry’s are chocolate-dipped fruit on a stick. Solid. Slices of chocolate covered banana and strawberry on a stick. Forget in the pocket, this thing is all over your face by the time you’re through with it.

You will not have Bumberdone anything until you’ve had some Dave Weeks and a Shishkaberry. You hold your stick, Dave will hold his. But yours will have chocolate on it.

Cops – Sat., Sept. 1st - 12:45 PM-1:45 PM @ Broad Street Lawn
Shishkaberry – Fisher and Kobe area

Dear Trent,

You're fantastic.

High five,
megan

Also, my favorite food on a stick? Roasted corn on the cob, of course! With butter and salt. Mmmm.... I can't think of a Bumberdrummer who could even begin to compare.

Posted by Megan Seling | August 28, 2007 12:19 PM

Oh, I know, corn on the stick, unbeatable. Although there is a drummer, Davey C, who I believe competes. He is the Mack Truck of drummers. A bobbing royal funk mountain of chops. The man does not mess around. Then again, neither does hot, buttery corn on the cob.

Posted by trent moorman | August 28, 2007 12:25 PM

Or how about drummer who ARE sticks? That Travis guy is a stick. And he made out with Paris Hilton.

Posted by Les | August 28, 2007 12:46 PM

Hmmm...those shiskaberry things really freak me out. Kinda looks like crap on a stick. Everything about The Cops is great. All the folks in that band are cool dudes. Way cooler than a shishkaberry. Word.

Posted by BenskiBeat | August 28, 2007 1:03 PM

Thanks for the heads up on this weekend, Trent. This article makes me want to eat, jam, jam, and eat again. It is weird when I think about food and music at the same time, cause they are like both such intense thoughts....almost overwhelming.

The alligator meat is exciting!!! I've eaten giraffe, kangaroo, and biltong (African deer-like thing). I have a list of endangered animals I've eaten over the years...you can put me down for the alligator.

Posted by Meat Bumberstick | August 28, 2007 2:16 PM

Let us not forget the corndog as a food on a stick. The beautiful, classic, American classic.

I'm going to get alligator and get bumbermessded up. Is alligator expensive?

Posted by Bobber | August 28, 2007 3:02 PM

Dipping anything in chocolate makes good business sense. You instantly have a hit. This year you can bring your small house hold pet, and they will dip it in chocolate and eat it for you.

It's called Inbred Bumberfun.

Posted by Daisy | August 28, 2007 3:59 PM

I've had alligator on a stick and it's not that exciting. Like tough, not very well seasoned chicken. I could see gator working in a gumbo/soup something that helps soften up the meat, but on its own not really notable.

Posted by christopher hong | August 28, 2007 5:38 PM

Styx. Now we're talking. What stage are they playing?

Posted by Monty | August 28, 2007 10:50 PM