« The Cave Singers Album Release... | "Let Me Die For Rock and Roll.... »

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

July’s Envy

posted by on September 26 at 11:37 AM

This is my guess. July wants…
mirandajuly2.jpg
…precisely the type of fame that Feist is currently enjoying.
feist-01.jpg Feist has stolen (and tripled) July’s thunder.

?

Posted by Levislade | September 26, 2007 11:47 AM

Maybe if July could write a song that sounds like some kinda Nu-Country Leann Rimes/Faith Hill type crap which would land her an iPod commercial, maybe she'd do alright.

Zing.

Posted by Dr. Cabit | September 26, 2007 11:58 AM

Other than the fact that they work in completely different mediums and evidence no particular similarity in style or presentation they are exactly the same.

They even sorta look similar if you squint.

Posted by flamingbanjo | September 26, 2007 2:10 PM

They're both going for the ethereal blue-eyed humanist moon waif kind of image, so I guess it's a fair assessment based on that. Pretty rare niche. But who is to say there isn't room enough for both of them?

Posted by christopher | September 26, 2007 4:01 PM

Miranda July can only make that face (vacant doe eyes, mouth slightly agape) when having her picture taken. If you don't believe me, check out the cover of the latest issue of Bust!

Posted by ka chunk | September 26, 2007 4:02 PM

Funny, that was my default expression in elementary school. Someone eventually pointed it out to me and I trained myself to keep my mouth shut. Still stare vacantly from time to time. Guess I'm a bit of a daydreamer.

Posted by christopher | September 26, 2007 5:48 PM

@5

I hate her for that look. She's fake and so is her product. It's so fucking lame. She's so fucking lame.

Posted by argh! | September 26, 2007 8:18 PM

I couldn't agree less. Feist is a major label recording artist. Even as an indie musician, *Leslie* Feist went by one name only (a pet peeve of mine). She was destined for iPod commercials. For now at least, July seems committed to the indie sphere--particularly in terms of her music, which continues to take a backseat to her cinematic and literary endeavors. Plus, I don't think she's quite as fond of the auto-erotic asphyxiation look.

Posted by Kathy Fennessy | September 27, 2007 3:58 PM