Line Out: Music & Nightlife

RSS icon Comments on Move Over, Tired Clichés

I've made the Decibel/DEMF comparison myself, and part of what makes that valid is that there are only so many events of this kind in North America, so there aren't many points of reference. It's not an entirely fair ocmparison, but it works depending on the point being made.

Thanks for pointing out that article, tired opening cliché aside. Seattle is still very much seen through a grunge and coffee colored lens.

Posted by donte | September 19, 2007 11:24 AM

Metro Times is such a boring weekly.
Too bad The Orbit folded....

Posted by KELLY O | September 19, 2007 11:28 AM

I don't know that I've ever heard Soundgarden or Pearl Jam at any bar I've been to in Seattle. Maybe it's just the bars I frequent and this guy has been to some magical grunge-themed bar that I'm unaware of.

And "a decade without major musical movement!?" Assclown's not even paying attention.

Posted by T | September 19, 2007 3:18 PM

Yet another lamestain proves he's in the tom-tom club.

Posted by K Wil | September 19, 2007 4:41 PM

The Metro Times writer somehow left out the junkies nodding off on the streets in their flannel shirts.

Posted by cliché hoarder | September 19, 2007 7:59 PM

I think I want to go to T's magical grunge bar. All the guys will be wearing cutoff cargo pants over long johns, with bandanna-hat combos up top. You won't be admitted without a combination of necklaces and bracelets adding up to 20. Interesting goatees mandatory. The music will sound a little like Black Sabbath covering Boston, but you have to pay a price for your nostalgia.

Posted by Eric F | September 20, 2007 12:20 AM

Damn Eric, you keep hitting that one.

Posted by Paulus | September 20, 2007 1:55 AM

What a weird little confluence this is for me. Every week I read both The Metro Times (because I live here) and The Stranger (because it's so much more fun). I'm sure I'm not alone in that, but I've been wishing the MT would be more like The Stranger for years.

Posted by Dorion in Detroit | September 20, 2007 7:37 AM