Line Out: Music & Nightlife

RSS icon Comments on Fake Synths, Real Cross?

Dude, God is a badass.

Posted by trent moorman | October 11, 2007 12:29 PM

Reaching into the idle slag bucket, I have come up with two potential responses:

"Well, all those cabinets might be fake but the overinflated sense of self-importance is 100% genuine."

Or:

"The synth might be a prop but these guys are real tools."

I'm kind of leaning towards the former. And I'm really kind of leaning towards the destruction of all of these laptop-cradling twats and their inane disco rehashing. The first guy to load up an MPC 2000 with the radio hit of the day, throw it down a flight of stairs and call it a remix was a genius or at least a guy who realized how much easier that was than working for a living. The fact that this has metastasized into some sort of lionized genre is baffling to me. Perhaps I am looking for something in music than a constant reminder that I should be partying, dancing or having a good time. Perhaps I am looking for music made by people who don't seem solely preoccupied with getting ever-more-untenable haircuts and wearing women's trousers. Or perhaps I am idiot.

Posted by danmohr | October 11, 2007 12:53 PM

@2--comment of the day (and its only 1 pm!). you covered pretty much everything there.

that said, justice still rocks.

Posted by jz | October 11, 2007 12:59 PM

JZ, could I get a honorable mention for "God is a badass"?

Posted by trent moorman | October 11, 2007 1:06 PM

@4--yes.

Posted by jz | October 11, 2007 1:10 PM

I can't wait until all this laptop shit is destroyed so we can make room for real music.

Posted by Noel Gallagher | October 11, 2007 2:37 PM

All this talk about authenticity and props and religion and talent and the overall arc of popular dance music fails to mention that, in fact, Justice's music is shit.

Which was maybe the plan all along.

Posted by Fawkes | October 11, 2007 4:51 PM

so glad i left seattle...

Posted by yesir | October 11, 2007 9:22 PM