« Now That I've Found Love | He Liked it Raw »

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Heroin Hero

posted by on November 13 at 12:47 PM

This is too freakin’ rich.

The most recent episode of South Park centers on Guitar Hero, and there are a bunch of hilarious bits throughout the show: Kyle and Stan are signed to a record deal based on their virtual version of “Carry on My Wayward Son;” Stan’s dad, who plays actual guitar, is scoffed at by Cartman—“Real guitars are for old people”—and discovers he’s awful at the game; after hitting the bigtime, Kyle succumbs to the pressures of rockstardom and moves on to the game Heroin Hero, a “first person shooter,” with two outstretched arms and one hand clutching a syringe as a pink dragon—who you chase but never catch—taunts the player in a cartoon voice.

The four clips above are pretty much the whole episode. Watch ‘em while you can before Viacomm takes them off YouTube.

"you never catch the dragon dad..."

I knew my spot in hell was sealed when I laughed through this entire episode.

Posted by abbey | November 13, 2007 1:18 PM

Oh man, this was a fine episode that Heroin shooter game had me laughing. This was is a keep, a classic in the South Park Library.

Speaking of "Christmastime in South Park" came out on DVD today, All the Christmas episodes on one disc, and the packaging looks like on of those old school Golden Age Children's Books. Nice Touch.

Posted by Nick | November 13, 2007 1:34 PM

What a great episode. How come this show hasn't started to suck yet? In fact, the past couple of seasons have been especially strong.

Posted by Jason Josephes | November 13, 2007 3:13 PM

Nice work, JZ. Wish I had cable sometimes...

Posted by E | November 13, 2007 3:19 PM

who needs cable when you have line out? (and more specifically youtube?)

Posted by jz | November 13, 2007 3:28 PM

You idiot. Stan gets into Heroin Hero, not Kyle. Kyle is kicked out of the "duo". Come on now.

Posted by Richard | November 13, 2007 3:41 PM

Posted by Richard | November 13, 2007 3:41 PM

i may be an idiot, but i only hit "post" once.

Posted by jz | November 13, 2007 3:50 PM

Ah ha ha, BURN!

Posted by laterite | November 13, 2007 4:11 PM

Here's a link to the whole episode:

There are plenty of other full episodes on that site as well.

Posted by DG | November 13, 2007 5:37 PM

I've never liked Kansas much either.

Posted by rkpetersen | November 13, 2007 8:16 PM

I was reading Thurston Moore's interview in bitchfork the other day, and apparently he got his ass schooled in guitar hero.

Posted by chase the dragon | November 13, 2007 10:04 PM

The ending when they finally get the million points is such a great payoff. I cried, I was laughing so hard.

Posted by bunnypuncher | November 14, 2007 3:43 AM

same here, bunnypunch.

Posted by jz | November 14, 2007 11:44 AM

Of course just yesterday, my friends came back to my place fresh from getting high with the neighbor and walked in on me playing Guitar Hero II by myself. I can't tell you how long they laughed....

Posted by bunnypuncher | November 16, 2007 2:07 AM