« American Gagster? | Today in Music News »

Friday, November 9, 2007

Taking Pictures is Fun!

posted by on November 9 at 12:24 PM

Taking pictures also always gets you to the front. That’s a trick you learn as a short girl.

Here’s some pictures I took at two shows last night!
First:
PWRFL Power at Pony

DSCN0463.JPG

DSCN0464.JPG

DSCN0465.JPG

Look ma, no head!

Second:
Mr. Divisadero at the Comet

DSCN0479.JPG

DSCN0483.JPG

DSCN0486.JPG

DSCN0487.JPG

DSCN0485.JPG

Stefan Rubicz of the Pharmacy and Trent Coahran of Tv Coahran, just chillin’ before the Pharmacy’s set (which I didn’t take any pix of ‘cuz I was drunk and headbanging).

I know I’m not the world’s greatest photographer, but that isn’t stopping me from adding these to The Stranger’s Flickr Pool!

Did you pay more to get in? No? Then why should anyone let you cut in front of them just because you're holding a camera? Try it with me some time and see how it goes.

I'm also a scuba diver, and it's always the same thing with underwater photographers. They seem to think they have an inherent right to shove everyone aside so they can get their precious shot. I don't put up with their bs either.

Posted by rkpetersen | November 9, 2007 1:12 PM

Ari, please get a Livejournal.

Posted by i love your stuff in print, but your online posts give me an aneurysm. | November 9, 2007 1:44 PM

Know what is even more fun? Taking a picture that isn't all blurred the fuck out.

Posted by photog | November 9, 2007 3:02 PM

#1 - There's definitely ways for everyone to get along, move around, be respectful of each other, and still see and have a good time in the front row together. Christ Almighty. Show-goers in Seattle are so amazingly uptight. I often wonder why some people even ever leave the precious confines of their own living rooms.

Posted by KELLY O | November 9, 2007 4:44 PM

#1 has a point, KO. You know somethings wrong at a punk show when there's more people fucking around with their digital cameras and cell phones than actually grooving to the music.

Back the fuck up, dude, I came here to rock!

Posted by Paulus | November 9, 2007 4:58 PM

PS - I would let you in front of me because you're short, Ari, not because you have a camera.

Posted by Paulus | November 9, 2007 5:00 PM

I might let someone who was short in front of me. Unless I was in the first row; then no one gets between me and the stage.

I don't mean to be a 'hater' (an overused and now meaningless term), but I dislike the games people play toward the front of the pit during gigs. You all know exactly what I mean. People pretend they don't care, but they do; you may glance at someone else about it and both of you shrug it off, but it registers.

Didn't mean to pick on Ms. Spool particularly, either. Too many people being aggressively nasty in that other thread. Not reasonable. Don't like her writing, don't read her byline. Simple.end

Posted by rk | November 9, 2007 7:51 PM

i would let you stand in front of me because you have the biggest muffin top in town...i got 99 problems but a muffin top ain't one.

Posted by jayzeeee | November 12, 2007 11:38 PM

Ari, i wanna be the photo intern. is that even possible? am i asking for trouble?

Posted by Paula | November 14, 2007 3:42 PM