« "I'm Not A Gangsta Girl, But I... | Dancing In Paradise »

Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Decemberists Will Come to Seattle After All

posted by on December 27 at 13:59 PM

decemberistsumbrella.jpg

The Decemberists were booked to play Seattle earlier this year, but then they canceled their tour. Then they booked a show at the Crocodile for January, then the Crocodile closed. But now the literary rockers have confirmed two Seattle dates—January 30th and 31st—at the Moore.

Finally. Nobody jinx them.

Tickets are on sale now via Ticketmaster.

I'm sure this time it will happen. What could possibly go wrong??

Posted by heywhatsit | December 27, 2007 2:05 PM

I predict a Civil War will break out just prior to their show thus canceling it and sending Colin Meloy into a creative frenzy whereby he writes 26 new songs painstakingly recounting the bloody experiences of normal Americans fighting each other through bouts of asthma, ADD, and carpal tunnel syndrome.

It won't win a Grammy.

Posted by Ryan | December 27, 2007 3:29 PM

Bought my tickets Saturday, what is the deal with marking them MF? Is that main floor? Is it the Who in Cincinati deal?

Is Damien Jurado playing on Sunday at Chop Suey or not?

Posted by left coast | December 27, 2007 3:32 PM

Jinx.

Posted by patrick | December 27, 2007 3:40 PM

Whatever happened to the other woman in the Decemberists? She's been out of the picture for a while now.

Posted by Cato | December 27, 2007 4:30 PM

MF main floor general admission.

Posted by rk | December 27, 2007 7:18 PM

I hate the Moore. Goddammit. Oh well. Yay!

Posted by Mr. Poe | December 28, 2007 9:05 AM

What a bad venue for them ... or most musical acts. :(

I think the one and only band I have ever enjoyed watching at the Moore was the Magnetic Fields, but only because they make me sleepy.

Posted by *gong* | December 28, 2007 9:34 AM

@ 3 & 6:

The Moore doesn't have general admission on the main floor. It's all assigned seating.

Posted by p.s. | December 28, 2007 9:36 AM

@9 Not necessarily. It's been GA by main floor / balcony at all the shows I've been to recently.

Posted by jacicita | December 28, 2007 12:23 PM

@10 Agreed. I've been to shows there, and there's seating on the main floor, but it's not assigned. It's first come first served.

Also, when I saw Bad Religion there (years ago) people got out of the seats and went to stand up front towards the stage and in the aisles. So you might not have to sit/stand by your seat. I think security sometimes makes you, though.

Posted by Megan Seling | December 28, 2007 12:56 PM

How can you hate the Moore? The Moore has the best acoustics of any venue in this city, bar none.

Posted by sarina | December 28, 2007 11:56 PM