Line Out: Music & Nightlife

RSS icon Comments on A Late Regret For 2007

It's cool that you looked into this story--just as cool that you decided to respect the band's privacy. Of course, you can still write about Genesis P. Orridge with impunity. And yes, I realize he doesn't identify as male or female. :-)

Posted by Kathy Fennessy | January 9, 2008 1:23 PM

You're talking about Ben Lashes, right?

Posted by Paulus | January 9, 2008 1:36 PM

this actually strikes me as a particularly poor way to "respect the band's privacy"

Posted by whatever | January 9, 2008 2:24 PM

Not cool. If they asked you to leave it alone, you should have left it entirely alone. It's not too hard to guess, you know?

Posted by Katelyn | January 9, 2008 5:16 PM

I never claimed that I was "respecting their privacy," that was some other random commenter saying that about me. I wrote this because I really regret that I didn't have the opportunity to tell what is a compelling story about a talented band, but also wanted to express that in a way that didn't obviously "out," them.

There are lots of young local bands who fit the bill of being radio-friendly, poppy, have lots of adoring teenage fans, as well as being courted by record labels (which usually follows the previously listed attributes). So, despite what Katelyn says, I don't really think it's that easy to guess, you know?

And more pointedly to @4, you're making a totally baseless assumption here so I don't really know where you get off being all judgmental about it. The band never asked "to leave it alone," they simply didn't reply to a several email and phone inquiries. If you know them personally and know that they would feel otherwise about this post, have them get in touch with me personally.

Posted by christopher hong | January 9, 2008 7:18 PM

Robin Pecknold is a tranny?

Posted by travis | January 9, 2008 9:01 PM