« That's My People | The Great Debate: Sagging »

Monday, January 28, 2008

DJ Mullet

posted by on January 28 at 12:10 PM

mulletclose.jpgToday in snowday dick-tie’s -

We have DJ Mullet.

DJ Mullet spins rock hits, rap hits, and hits that aren’t even hits. The fattest of beats are backdropped and scratched. DJ Mullet has a full on Camero Skynrd-Hawk mullet. He ain’t fakin. Just standing within this guy’s vicinity heightens your testosterone level. See – 9/19/06 Drunk of the Week.

The back of Quinn’s has a two level room for parties and private gatherings with high ceilings, indirect lighting, and a sleek sofa loft-lounge overlooking the bar. (Quinn’s serves a wild boar sloppy joe. Has anyone tried it? Stranger review.)

quinnsbackroom.jpg

I wondered by the DJ table and Mullet’s tie was paisley. With headphones shouldered to one ear, he eyed me, and put on Hall and Oates “I Can’t Go for That (No Can Do)”. Then he popped, snapped his fingers, and his tie magically turned into a cock. I did the Macarena and could not help it.

djmullet.jpg

Ghostbusters on the t-table AND isn't that a mullett t-shirt? Gorgeous picture, Trent. He is king.

Posted by Daisy | January 28, 2008 2:03 PM

And I don't know about the wild boar sloppy joe. Doesn't sound too good. But I don't know, I could see wild boar being zingy.

Posted by Daisy | January 28, 2008 2:06 PM

DJ Mullet is all that is good. He is front page every page. Don't fear the mullet. Fear the wild boar sloppy joe. Let it snow let it snow let it snow.

Posted by Boss Hog | January 28, 2008 2:18 PM

Another beautiful scene. Trent, I'm going to follow you around w a video camera. The true mullet is a rare find. There are faux-mullets aplenty. DJ Mullet is true Mullet.

Posted by Team Scarecrow | January 28, 2008 2:30 PM

All I can say is 'rich.'

How about fear the Taco Del Mar? "No can do."

Posted by Anna | January 28, 2008 2:56 PM

The real mullet vs. the faux mullet is interesting. When I think of a real mullet, I think of someone who is oblivious to the fact that they have a mullet. They have a mullet because they are a redneck badass who dabbles with meth. They don't necessarily know their hair style is funny. They are wild animal in the wild.

DJ Mullet is no doubt for real. And he is a badass. But he knows he has a mullet. He has a mullet on purpose, which makes it even better. He is wild animal at a club in Seattle.

Posted by trent moorman | January 28, 2008 3:33 PM

if you want to see some amazing mullets, watch the documentary 'the freshest kids' about 80's b-boys. i'm not sure why every b-boy lives in poverty to this day and every latino ex-b-boy has a magnificent mullet. there are a lot of things i don't understand about new york city.

reasons to not view this documentary: it's not insightful at all and qd3 produced it.

Posted by cosby | January 28, 2008 4:10 PM

Mullet drives a tangerine lino with bullet holes. he knows wings. he knows bbq, for serious. the guy is THAT GUY.

Posted by Lar | January 28, 2008 5:37 PM

You mean my rat tail doesn't count? I've been working on this thing for 3 weeks...

Posted by Daisy | January 28, 2008 9:14 PM

Per DJ Mullet, his brand of mullet is called a Feathered Wasterfall.

The man is a true salt of the earth.

Posted by DJ Mullet Fan Club | January 29, 2008 11:17 AM

I want to be in the DJ El Hair Ranchero fan club! Um, he had one of the best Drunk of the Week quotes maybe ever?

Posted by KELLY O | January 29, 2008 2:31 PM