« Coachella Lineup Announced | The Best One Minute and Thirty... »

Monday, January 21, 2008

Jenny Bendel Will Book King Cobra

posted by on January 21 at 17:20 PM

Jenny Bendel, who has been booking Sunset Tavern’s 4 O’Clock Rock shows, is leaving (her booking position at) the Ballard venue (to book for) Capitol Hill’s newest club King Cobra.

Her last afternoon rock showcase will be February 10 with Neon Nights, Rain City Schwillers, Rat City Ruckus, and Blue Ribbon Boys.

(Thanks to Line Out reader Tony for the news.)

Posted by caphill rockr | January 21, 2008 7:53 PM

Just a quick clarification - 4 O'clock Rock is coming to an end on Feb 10th, but you can still find me working behind the bar at The Sunset - and at King Cobra too! And in the meantime, the Sunday afternoon tradition at The Sunset will be carried on by faithful rock warriors - stay tuned for news from them!

Posted by Jenny B | January 21, 2008 10:55 PM

Megan, I really don't want to be harsh to you. You seem like a really nice, sincere girl. You obviously have a great love for music. Your enthusiasm is palpable. Your cookie story broke my heart and made me want to give you a hug.

But, Jesus Christ. Not only is this news old, you also got the details wrong. Hey, I know it's only rock & roll. Still. Get your facts straight.

Don't say someone is leaving a venue unless you know it is true. Jenny Bendel is well-liked, well-respected, and does a kick ass job. All you had to do was confirm this weeks-old news with her. She answers emails and phone calls quickly.

I find it real hard to believe that, as a music writer, you don't pay attention to your competitors (see @1) or can't confirm whether a named employee is leaving a venue or not before putting it online.

Come on. Your questionable music taste is forgivable. Sloppy reporting is not.

Posted by kerri harrop | January 22, 2008 12:08 AM

Bummer when you let a talented writer go, only to have her land at your competitor and beat you to the punch by 2 weeks, with an accurate, fact-checked report.

Posted by I'm a Nuclear Bomb | January 22, 2008 9:20 AM

I know it's not breaking news, and perhaps I should've said that in the post, but not everyone in the world knew about it seeing as how a line out reader sent in a tip about it yesterday. So with that, I decided "Hell, clearly not everyone knows about, and clearly someone still finds it worth noting, so I'll throw it up."

Maybe I should've included "This is old news, but..."

As for leaving the Sunset, I was implying that she was leaving the booking position for a new booking position at King Cobra. Which is true. I've updated the post to make that more clear.

Posted by Megan Seling | January 22, 2008 11:34 AM

So now its not going to be Jason from Disheveled doing the booking now?

Posted by godsactionfigure | January 22, 2008 11:40 AM

I heard Neumos was going to book that place too.

Posted by gottabetrue | January 22, 2008 11:54 AM

There is a booking team duo of me (Jenny Bendel), and Jason Rothman (former editor of Disheveled zine) at King Cobra. I will occasionally book one-off shows at The Sunset, where I'm also still a bartender. My favorite color is blue and my shoe size is 8. Any other questions? :)

jenny xo

PS - And no, Neumos is not the booking agent for King Cobra. But we are very glad to be a part of the Pike Street Corridor of Rock and look forward to working with our neighbors.

Posted by Jenny B | January 22, 2008 1:10 PM

just one more question - how do we reach Jenny to book a show?

Posted by cookies | January 22, 2008 4:33 PM

You are all welcome to contact me for booking, questions, or clarity anytime at jenbendel@yahoo.com.

Posted by Jenny B | January 22, 2008 5:01 PM