Line Out: Music & Nightlife

RSS icon Comments on This Post is Brought to You by the Year 1996

Such an ambitious blog entry, Meggers. Approaching some of the better Mudede knockoffs I see attempted on Lineout. My how you've evolved. It's like I was full on watching that totes rad air hockey game between you and the guy way back in the 90s.

I just know Marcy Playground and Fastball and Sneaker Pimps were next on the old timey jukebox.

Posted by I'm Sooo There Right Now In The Land That Blake Lewis Forgot | January 17, 2008 2:08 AM

Wow, I don't get many chances to feel nostalgic, since I'm in my mid 20's and have my whole life ahead of me... but that did it.

Posted by Lauren | January 17, 2008 9:21 AM

Superdrag. Those guys were and still are AMAZING.

Posted by yearning | January 17, 2008 9:30 AM

nice post..."sucked out" and "popular" are some deep cuts

Posted by E | January 17, 2008 9:31 AM

maybe i'm just not with it, but why do people still care about nada surf? i don't get how some bands can milk 15 minutes for 15 years.

Posted by cosby | January 17, 2008 9:52 AM

...don't forget Oasis's Wonderwall (I think that was 96)

Posted by :: shawn :: | January 17, 2008 10:22 AM

Phew. I'm so glad you guys got rid of JZ. Now we can enjoy Megan's livejournal worthy posts even more!

Posted by I Cut Myself to Feel Alive | January 17, 2008 10:22 AM

the only thing worse than JZ's taste in music is Megan's taste in music. if i wanted to hear about a sad, fat, emo girl with shitty taste in music, i'd return my sisters calls.

Posted by terrence | January 17, 2008 10:42 AM

Ah, the mid-nineties. The 1996 alterna-single I keep thinking of is that Refreshments song "Banditos" with the Capt. Picard reference (I guess the "cleverness" of which got them the gig of writing the King of the Hill theme song. I think this Rhino boxed set is a pretty good snapshot of the pleasure and horror that was 90's "modern" radio.

Posted by danmohr | January 17, 2008 10:46 AM

Twelve years ago never felt so relevant. Keep your fingers on the pulse, Line-Out.

Posted by thank goodness | January 17, 2008 10:46 AM

Hey, dude, those who don't remember the past are doomed to something, something...

Posted by danmohr | January 17, 2008 11:18 AM

To snark it up some more, thank the gods this wasn't my 1996, although some of these were inescapable.

Posted by Fawkes | January 17, 2008 2:30 PM