« Also Tonight: Monotonix | Critically Overlooked: Jeffrey... »

Friday, February 22, 2008

Amoeba Records, San Francisco

posted by on February 22 at 11:43 AM

amoebasf.jpg

The big one on Haight St. I put a GWAR CD in the Belle and Sebastian section. I did it. And Iím sorry for it. One of the people working there was so beyond a dickhead to me. It was my feeble attempt at retaliation.

I asked a clerk a question about Ray Manzarek from the Doors. I thought I saw a poster that said he was doing an in-store. The record store guy did the eye roll, and grunted, and painstakingly answered me, ďYou mean the keyboard player from the Doors?Ē

Once I heard the intensity of his dickheaded-ness, I answered, ďNo, Ray Manzarek from GWAR.Ē Then the clerk just walked off. I was so pissed. I couldnít help it.

I am now asking for forgiveness, great God of Record Stores. I know that guy was probably having a bad day. Maybe I was the ninth person to ask him about Manzarek. Maybe Manzarek had done something terrible to him, such as crap on his forehead, I donít know. I should have let him be.

I donít know how long the GWAR stayed there in the Belle and Sebastian. But someone found it and had to deal with it, and for that, I am sorry. Perhaps itís still there.

question: is there a ratio in the size / credibility of a record store and how much of an asshole the clerks are? amoeba would have like the collapsing star density of asshole in this case.

Posted by cosby | February 22, 2008 12:22 PM

True - the guy was a complete cock to me.
True - I should not have said the thing about GWAR to him.

I feel terrible about it.

Posted by trent moorman | February 22, 2008 12:31 PM

it's a douche-off!

morrman wins by a whisker (for blogging about it)

Posted by bing | February 22, 2008 12:39 PM

I've never been in a douche-off before, 'Bing'. Sweet.

Posted by trent moorman | February 22, 2008 12:48 PM

I love GWAR. And 24-ounce Budweisers.

Posted by Karl Christopher Mattox | February 22, 2008 1:51 PM

Yeah, but who knows? Maybe the other guy blogged about it too.

Posted by rk | February 22, 2008 2:06 PM

Get over it and yourself.

Posted by Biggie J | February 22, 2008 2:28 PM

Thank you, Biggie J. I couldn't have gotten over it, without you telling me to get over it and myself. Thank you. Now wipe that crap off your forehead.

Posted by trent moorman | February 22, 2008 2:54 PM

Trent,

If you would of put Celine Dion with Townes Van Zandt, your apology would have been warranted. I love Belle and Sebastian but any uptight ding dong in too tight pants with messy hair and a penchant for PBR needs a little Gwar. Seriously.

Posted by buttonnosedjackassette | February 22, 2008 3:04 PM

Trent,

I totally relate, and think you did the right thing. Last year I was there, and asked one of the clerks if they had any mash-ups, and the guy did the same eyeroll/scowl thing to me. It caught me off guard! That's not how you're supposed to get treated at what's supposed to be a mecca.

Death to music stores, long live downloading.

Posted by godsactionfigure | February 22, 2008 3:17 PM

"a record store clerk was mean to me! so i mis-shelved a Gwar CD."

moorman you are the fuckin nadir of stranger music writing.

Posted by bing | February 22, 2008 3:46 PM

'Bing' calling someone a douche is like Hitler calling someone a hater.

Posted by Meat | February 22, 2008 3:47 PM

Bingy, we seemed to have missed a spot on your forehead too. There. Now take your nadir ass outside and play amongst the traffic.

Posted by trent moorman | February 22, 2008 3:52 PM

betcha Meat is Moorman.

Posted by bing | February 22, 2008 3:53 PM

pathetic. have some dignity, Moorman.

Posted by bing | February 22, 2008 3:56 PM

Tell me about dignity, Bing. Please. But seriously, lets get that shit off your forehead.

Put down your thesaurus and describe dignity.

Posted by trent moorman | February 22, 2008 4:00 PM

Next time just write a story about record collector scum and those that work at record shops.
Or talk to his manager and have him written up for poor customer service.
Before I go Trent ,thanks for the hot towel that shit was starting to annoy me.

Posted by Biggie J | February 22, 2008 4:01 PM

yes, i have poop on my forehead, trent. what a devastating comeback.

you are truly out of your depth.

Posted by bing | February 22, 2008 4:20 PM

I've been collecting records for 20+ years and been to many record stores all over the country and overseas. I've never talked to a more rude motherfucker as him at any store. That guy in Amoeba Records DOES HAVE SHIT on his forehead and shoulder. Rolling of the eyes is his trade mark; and it means I have a teenagers job and make $5.25 an hour (if that) and I am on a 365/24 man period.

Everyone, please be kind and send this guy and the 'bing' some tampons and some change. Maybe then the anonymous 'bing' can afford the L'' and become 'Bling'. Till then, he's just a professional deuchebag.

Posted by collector | February 22, 2008 4:57 PM

My word, 'Bing' you are an asshole. You anonymously troll the internet all day and are calling someone else out on posting under another name?

Congrats, 'Bing', after you get that shit off your face, I am going to proclaim you as DOUCHEBAG OF THE DAY. Maybe even the year.

Posted by Troy | February 22, 2008 5:26 PM

Bingy. You're a real class act. An anonymous one, at that!

Since they're too much of a pussy to say their name, how about we try to guess who this mysterious man (or woman...?) is? Who's game?!

You're either:

a) Some white belt wearing, black haired indie rock twat, who Trent neglected to give enough press coverage to.

b) A serial blogger who gets off on humiliating people that they're too afraid know are smarter than them.

c) The douchebag record store clerk, himself.

d) A friend of Trent's, taking a piss.

e) Everett True.

Let the readers decide.

Posted by Dan | February 22, 2008 8:22 PM

what if bing is really moorman pretending to be moorman as bing, if bing actually knew who moorman was? or something.

but seriously, i want a fact-checker on this case, goddamit!! preferably from the john mccain-lovin new york times!!

in other news, bosch fuckin sat courtside at the garden for his first ever knick game! jamal crawford had like 80-something points. most from 40 feet out. it was unreal!! my boy rich (who's actually from little rock, we play arkansas tomorrow on a side note) snuck in a bottle of evan williams!! is there anywhere i can upload a photo of courtside at the garden from my phone on here?!?! i'm not even a knick fan, i'm a kentucky fan (see above regarding CAts domintation over Razorbacks tomorrow in big time SEC play on CBS sports national tune in y'all), but COURTSIDE at the garden where I pelted Spike Lee with popcorn and ice from my evan williams-spiked coke, a place where, tonight only, the knicks finally win their like, 10th game of the season?!?? sweeeeet!! long island douchebags fuckin goin' krazeee!!

trent, did you know i was a kentucky cats fan? ....

i think the evan williams has gone to my h e a d

peace y'all

see u on fazebook

Posted by bosch | February 22, 2008 11:15 PM

when news is slow
let line out lay low?
why? when posts could be
about nothing but me

Posted by Narcissus | February 24, 2008 9:23 PM

I've hand nothing but pleasant experiences every time I go down to the Haight St. Amoeba ... but then again I'm sure my boobs and ass are a lot nicer to look at than Trent's which usually exempts me from clerk-douchbagery.

Posted by GW2 | February 27, 2008 2:20 PM