« KEXP Partners with Radio New Y... | Schoolyard Heroes' Tour Diary »

Monday, February 11, 2008

Amy Winehouse at the Grammys: Not a Disaster

posted by on February 11 at 11:06 AM

Amy Winehouse didn’t look stoned, her skin wasn’t blue, and she was standing on her own… until she won, of course. This is the first time I can remember that an artist honestly looked shocked and thankful for taking home a Grammy.

You’d have to be a monster to not get at least a little goosebumpy when you see the sincere, tearful look on her face.

that crackwhore can't wait to blaze some rocks. OD now you ugly, horrible fucking crack smoking bitch.

Posted by tom | February 11, 2008 11:44 AM

It was nice Amy sang and did not slur her words. She seems to be on the mend, good for her. Go Amy!

Posted by NikT | February 11, 2008 12:56 PM

Good for him!

Posted by monster | February 11, 2008 1:07 PM

Wow, my housemate and I both got teary-eyed at that little speech, and I'm not even a Winehouse fan. Awesome

Posted by Katelyn | February 11, 2008 1:08 PM

SWAGGER on you haters!

the real fuck with winehouse

Posted by lar | February 11, 2008 1:12 PM

@1 - whoa dude.... hate much?

Posted by jimmy legs | February 11, 2008 3:52 PM

Holey shit… Tony Bennett is still alive?

Posted by You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me | February 11, 2008 4:11 PM

I met Tony Bennett a few years ago, and he is really a nice guy. I think Britney and Amy should do a house swap like in that Holiday movie from a couple years ago. Hugh Grant wan't in that, but Amy can't be any worse than that nasty Liz Hurley.

Posted by left coast | February 11, 2008 4:31 PM

aw, i think that's the prettiest she's ever looked. she should win some more grammys.

Posted by ace | February 11, 2008 4:37 PM

Right on. Amy Winehouse is one of the few artists at the Grammys this year who can sing well and write something that sounds different than the rest of today's cookie-cutter pop music. Glad to see that the Grammy voters gave her the awards even though she's been scandal-plagued of late.

Posted by Kerry | February 11, 2008 4:39 PM

@9:
that is essentially why we got an acceptance speech from winehouse and not sharon jones. yeah, i said it.

Posted by cosby | February 11, 2008 4:50 PM

She's one of my new favorites. I hope she can comprehend and value the gift of sobriety enough to stay there...it obviously looks good on her. Let's get a few more pounds on her body and a little less hair in that beehive.

The haters who consign her to the junk heap of addicts need to spend some time suffering from the illness. As a person in recovery, I know what it's like to try to kill yourself against your own better judgement and will.

Give the girl a break. Maybe she's not your cup o' tea, but she does have talent.

Posted by Wolf | February 11, 2008 5:12 PM

I had never given Winehouse much of a chance because of her tabloid persona (and "aging Ballard hipster" look), but after that performance last night I'm going to go out and buy her album. Girl smoked.

And yeah, I already have all of Sharon Jones' albums, so cram it.

Posted by bunnypuncher | February 11, 2008 7:19 PM