« The Mountain Goats (Or: John D... | The Man »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Here’s What Courtney Love Had To Say About the Oscars

posted by on February 25 at 13:39 PM

courtney.jpg

On her Myspace Blog:

oscars

swank looked great, i bet that was Versace, she looke dgirly for the fiorst time in forever- im sad for PTA i love teh Coens but PTA well tehy shouldve let him release all 6 hours of There Will Be Blood cos thats what i bet there is of it, Kidman as anyone knows and me are not bffs by any stretch, and i though te edgy thing was cool but for some reason not onher- and her forehead is way too shiny it flips me out- iwas REALLY isnpired Diablo Cody won - that was fucking AWESOME in fact i think i just may have peed all over her My Space- i was supposed to be at Eltons Party at i think noon or something and if we dont hiurry it will suck- i really dont want to get there ina crush of shit and stuff- wait my pr is outside im calling her hold on- okay i hope the disaster has been averted but m,y expirience with that party is that i do NOT want to see Paris dancing ona table i really really DONT and i dont want to stuff a stale slamon canape in my mouth and i really need to get laid so i m off to do so.
i love dthat tattoo on her ( Dibalo) and her cute thigh and the wietzman shoes were actually pretty unnatractuve really,. neat, i like the minnesota thing too, i wont be getting a bl;ack bob although i think abou tit contstantly , but it was inspiring rarely does anyone win when theyre an “outisder” particul;alrly chicks who talk about sex working- desp[ite the fact that EVERYONE i know in this town who wasnt upper middle class or didnt come from a hollywood family DID IT and even then i know of some exceptions. so i was really proud a little Nirvana moment if you will.
“we won” my friend Daphne Guiness is here and i cant wait to see her.
okay signiong off ,. im moving bu June really why? cos between a blood red Fortuny and a pink Fortuny id get all sorts of crazy shit by people who dont even know whata Fortuny is ! borrrring, ill be back but for now im so over L:A
love
Corks

I’m kind of surprised there isn’t a section where all the pills made her pass out and faceplant into the keyboard, typing a string of random letters. Or maybe that’s the only thing that happened, and it’s just coincidence that it almost spelled several real words, like how a thousand monkeys on a thousand typewriters will eventually come up with a Dickens novel. This is the transcript of a human being decomposing before they actually die.

(hat tip to Idolator)

can't one of her handlers edit her myspace page?

also, the fact that she really liked 'there will be blood' makes me feel better about thinking that it's completely overrated.

Posted by cosby | February 25, 2008 1:46 PM

Are there actual thoughts and concepts conveyed in that posting? I mean, Jesus! She needs some serious editing. Run a spell check. The fact that she mentions her PR people in that thing makes me think her PR people need to be fired.

Posted by Graham | February 25, 2008 3:26 PM

That really was painful to read. I mean literally. My head is throbbing.

I'm not completely sure why I even bothered reading the entire thing other than the fact that I have literally read every single word on Slog and Line Out so far today.

Normally I enjoy sitting around getting paid to read retarded stuff on the internet. But today? Not so much.

Posted by Queen_of_Sleaze | February 25, 2008 3:58 PM

It's not pills, it's just MySpace. It makes everybody that stupid.

Posted by Morgan | February 25, 2008 4:06 PM

@4: if myspace makes everyone this stupid, c. love must have figures out a way to distill myspace into a powder, sprinkle it on a piece of tin foil, and inhale the smoke.

Posted by cosby | February 25, 2008 4:13 PM

I love you, cosby.

Posted by Eric Grandy | February 25, 2008 4:33 PM

jeff, i love the way you so proudly throw down the thousand monkeys/thousand typewriters-courtney love comparison like it's some sort of profound statement. have you read no courtney love interviews/reviews in the past ten years? i'm guessing you're under 22, no? congrats on the gig, son.

Posted by High School Newspaper | February 25, 2008 7:34 PM

goddamn, can we get some spell-check?

Posted by douglas martin | February 25, 2008 8:13 PM

As an editor, I can say with certainty that most editors would rather jab boxcutters into their eyes than have to edit Ms. Love's stream-of-subconsciousness prose... unless she's paying $2/word for the privilege.

Posted by segal | February 25, 2008 9:23 PM