Line Out: Music & Nightlife

RSS icon Comments on In Defense of Idiot Pilot and Phil Collins

also drummed on many a mike oldfield album, AND produced Frida's "I Know There's Something Going On". he's also been in studio with eno on a number of albums, so the man must be respected for the drumming thing.

He makes crap music alone, but early genesis and his production work is great.

just sayin'.

Posted by terry miller | February 12, 2008 1:22 PM

A band got booed off the stage at Neumos?

Do tell...

Posted by E | February 12, 2008 1:39 PM

That was the word from a good friend of mine who said she saw it go down at a show they opened up for Minus the Bear a few years ago.

Posted by Jeff Kirby | February 12, 2008 1:49 PM

It happened! I was there!

Posted by Ari Spool | February 12, 2008 1:51 PM

NO QUARTER STARS, KIRBY!

Posted by Eric Grandy | February 12, 2008 2:32 PM

you idiots need a pilot -- i'll take IP over MTB any day/night! some fool in the audiences hisses and you say they were "booed off stage"?! nice work

Posted by idiotz | February 12, 2008 3:29 PM

Oh, dude. People weren't just hissing. There was a ton of people up on the balcony and in the middle of the crowd booing and yelling, "You suck!" Because, when you are Idiot Pilot, and you go on between Fall of Troy and Minus the Bear for some reason [cough cough major label cough cough], people are going to get angry about how they paid a lot to not see crap.

They didn't leave the stage, but they probably should have.

Have they even played Seattle since that show?

Posted by Ari Spool | February 12, 2008 3:46 PM

Man, that whole bill sounds like balls. In fact, I think I was at that show, but every time I try to remember it I just slip into a petite mal seizure.

Posted by Eric Grandy | February 12, 2008 4:36 PM

That episode of This American Life is my favorite. I actually listened to it Sunday just after my Valentines day date told me she couldn't go out with me... ever.

Posted by Little Red Ryan Hood | February 12, 2008 10:04 PM