Line Out: Music & Nightlife

RSS icon Comments on March 9th at Studio7!!! Firestorm!!!

Wow, they should play at El Corazon where the staff can really beat the shit out of the customers in time to an awesome metal jam.

Posted by Eugene | February 29, 2008 4:03 PM

Embarrassing/awesome fact: My first ever make-out session went down at an Earth Crisis concert.

Posted by Eric Grandy | February 29, 2008 4:20 PM

XcannotXwaitXforXthisXshowX

Posted by kevin jones | February 29, 2008 5:35 PM

Just to be picky: penultimate means second to last, not extra-super-ultimate.

Although, I really really wish that song you mentioned was the penultimate straight edge song of all time. Earth Crisis=Limp Bizkit for Nazis.

Posted by Nicole | February 29, 2008 5:41 PM

XcannotXwaitXuntilXiXturnXsixteenX

Posted by Kip Kinkle | February 29, 2008 6:28 PM

Brian,

Knowing who that band is, that is one of the funniest stories I've read in Line Out!! I laughed out loud so hard, everyone in the room asked me what I was laughing at. I told them, and they laughed too. Fucking hilarious!

Eric, did that happen at the same show where kids were throwing string cheese at them?

Now *that's* a funny Earth Crisis story.

Posted by godsactionfigure | February 29, 2008 7:23 PM

thanks Nicole.

Grandy, was that the OFH show?

Posted by brian cook | February 29, 2008 9:01 PM

#6 I think EVERY Earth Crisis show I ever heard about between 96-98 was the "show where kids were throwing string cheese at them" I personally saw it happen twice, the best was at the Redmond Firehouse (I think that's what it was called? I only lived here for a few months while it was open.) Anyways, they played with Shelter, and on one side of the room you have Earth Crisis getting pelted with cheese, and on the other side shelter has this whole crew of Hare Krishnas chanting and giving everyone tiny ziplock bags full of trail-mix. Wow, I miss the 90s hardcore scene SO much right now.

Posted by robby | February 29, 2008 10:21 PM

Going to their reunion show tonight - YES! Hilarious story, although your nuts if you thought their subsequent stuff was god-awful (not counting Slither of course, which really was garbage).

Posted by Joe Z | March 1, 2008 7:22 AM

I saw Earth Crisis on the weirdest bill ever at Graceland. It was a co-headlining tour with them and In Flames, which was weird enough, but the opening bands were Skinlab (stoner thrash from the Bay Area) and Walls of Jericho (female fronted generic chugga chugga). In between every song, Skinlab's singer would yell out "WHO'S FUCKING HIGH TONIGHT?! ANYONE SMOKING WEEEEEEEED?!" You could see the edge kids getting pissed, haha!

And for my money, "Gomorrah's Season Ends" was ExC's best record. Not that I was ever into that sort of thing in high school. No way.

Posted by bunnypuncher | March 1, 2008 5:00 PM

Eric: No biggie. Just an anal grammatical nitpick of mine.

Also, I gotta admit: as much as I loathe Earth Crisis, that show in the clip looks like it'd be really fun to be at, in a strangely terrifying way.

Posted by Nicole | March 1, 2008 10:16 PM

Oops, meant to address the above comment to Brian. Duh.

Posted by Nicole | March 1, 2008 10:17 PM