« Wow! 3 New Albums I Like | Today's Music News »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

No! No! NO!

posted by on February 26 at 14:13 PM

LAist says Perez Hilton might be getting his own record label?

No, goddammit, NO!

perezhilton.jpg

As if the major label industry doesn’t have enough troubles, now they’re going to put Perez Hilton in charge of something?? Why? He doesn’t do anything! He uses Microsoft Paint to draw dicks on pictures of celebrities and now he’s gonna get to put out records?

I’m starting a petition to fight this:

We, the undersigned, are appalled by the possibility of Perez Hilton being given control in the music industry. This is an act of annihilation of the culture and history of music around of the world.

Megan Seling, Seattle, WA

Who’s with me?

don't worry... I'm sure this will turn out about as fruitful as ultragrrrl's record label did.

Posted by vanmega | February 26, 2008 2:47 PM

"This is an act of annihilation of the culture and history of music around of the world."

A bit over the top. Think of all of the other trends, fads, and tastemakers that have failed to kill rock and roll.

Posted by Jason Josephes | February 26, 2008 3:27 PM

I think it's just to legitimize (and limit to one source) the payola he likely receives for hyping certain artists and songs on his site, which he does do quite a bit. And from what I've heard, his posts actually make an impact, $$-wise.

Posted by Explorer | February 26, 2008 3:30 PM

If there was ever anyone I'd like to punch in the face, this guy is it.

Posted by rk | February 26, 2008 4:34 PM

@2 Over the top, yes. But Perez himself is also over the top. So I decided to fight fire with fire. Or, in this case, exaggeration with exaggeration.

Fingers crossed that it'll work.

Posted by Megan Seling | February 26, 2008 4:37 PM

Although this isn't the worst thing I can imagine it does rank pretty high on the list of affronts to the music loving populace.

Posted by j | February 26, 2008 4:46 PM

Fuck no, he is already a disgrace to gay people, on top of having horrible fashion. He has no music sense either. NO NO NO.

Posted by Homo Will | February 26, 2008 5:13 PM

He likes the same music as Eric Grandy-

Posted by JS | February 26, 2008 5:53 PM

He also sucks cock like Eric Grandy

Posted by Nat Cur Vag | February 27, 2008 10:58 AM

I actually don't think this is that bad. He has done a good job of championing new music and getting in front of a wider audience, even if he is accepting payola and loves to focus on british bands/singers. Don't get me wrong, I am no Perez super-fan, but there are greater injustices in the world.

Posted by Jesse | February 27, 2008 1:53 PM