« About Local (Seattle) Music, J... | So Much Classier Than Drug Who... »

Monday, February 11, 2008

NOFX is Coming to Seattle

posted by on February 11 at 16:03 PM

And I don’t care if you guys think I’m a fucking asshat still living in 1996 for being excited about it.

I’ve never seen this band live. When I was into them as a kid, I was too young to go to concerts. After that, I had briefly outgrown them and didn’t care. Last year, though, I started listening to them again, and all love was rejuvenated (for old material, anyway).

NOFX play the Showbox SODO Saturday May 10. Tickets are $20 adv and go on sale this Saturday at 10 am.

First concert I ever went to was Warped Tour '01 with NOFX headlining. Thank Jebus for NOFX.

Posted by thedave243 | February 11, 2008 4:51 PM

dear lawd! i am right there with you.

i am going to need to bust out, all of my albums.

mwahahahha!

Posted by racheal huffman | February 11, 2008 4:51 PM

that song is a classic. for dorks. dorks like me.

Posted by greg | February 11, 2008 5:28 PM

Definitely a classic... Of course, I'm a dork too, so I'm biased.

Posted by Megan Seling | February 11, 2008 7:22 PM

Holy hell! I've only seen NOFX twice, and it was at Warped Tour, which meant only 30 minute sets. I'm stoked for this!

Seems like they haven't played an actual show here in a LONG time. I think the last time they were here was in ~2000 at DV8 (hahaha) which I missed because I didn't get tickets early enough. Of course, I could be mistaken.

Anyway, I'm totally busting out So Long and Thanks For All the Shoes right effing now.

Posted by T | February 12, 2008 10:13 AM

um, ding dong, NOFX is more like 1986, not '96...sheesh, but uh...$20 to see 'em? yipes.

Posted by nipper | February 12, 2008 11:52 AM

@6 I know, nips, but I was 6 in 86, so for me, they're 96. You're old.

Kidding!

DING DONG!

Posted by Megan Seling | February 12, 2008 12:09 PM

I can't imagine paying $20 to see NOFX, I don't think I've paid over $6 to see them. I loved them in the '80s through early '90s, they played fun shows at places like the OK Hotel and King Theater... but now? I still have my "Ribbed" tour tshirt, I should probably Ebay that shit, I got $45 for the promotional inflatable NOFX fuck sheep.

Posted by dan10things | February 12, 2008 3:06 PM

$20 doesn't seem like too much to me, considering the market. A lot more fun to see NOFX live than Colin Meloy or DJ Shadow. Goddman Ghostland Observatory is now two Showbox nights at $25 (and sold out?)

maybe you'll feel better if you (accurately) pretend it's eleven 1986 dollars?

I like numbers

Posted by Abe | February 12, 2008 3:58 PM

Santa Barbara in the HOUSE!

Posted by DOUG. | February 12, 2008 5:09 PM

I'd say something super-fucking negative if Megan didn't post this.

Posted by Mr. Poe | February 12, 2008 5:11 PM

LOL, saw them at DV8 in 2001 and later at Warped Tour, but $20 is steep for my college-going self. But you definitely have to go, Megan! They put on such a great show.

Posted by Jessica | February 12, 2008 5:20 PM

I heard they suck live, though.

Posted by shub-negrorath | February 12, 2008 5:48 PM

That song is indeed a classic. I went through a similar "too cool for NOFX" phase, and seeing this video reminded me of how great NOFX are/were.

Last time I saw them was shortly after "pump up the valium," at warped. The best show, though, was at rckcndy (how the hell was that spelled, again?) in like '97. My mom gave me a couple of tickets for valentines day!

As far as the price is concerned, I think the tickets to that show were about $15. To pay $20 doesn't seem too steep, considering that it's now a decade later.

Also: stoked to see 10 things in the comments! I loved the 'zine, and I didn't know that it was back.

Great post all around!