« Re: Scarlett Johansson | Call from Science »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Whatever Scarlett Johansson, Line Out Edition

posted by on February 5 at 9:28 AM

More important than the Johansson endorsement?! Today the Guardian highlights which musicians have aligned themselves with which presidential candidates. Here’s how it breaks down:

REPUBLICANS

Mike Huckabee: Ted Nugent

John McCain: Burt Bacharach

Ron Paul: Krist Novoselic, Arlo Guthrie

Mitt Romney: Pat Boone, Donny Osmond, Marie Osmond

DEMOCRATS

Hillary Clinton: Madonna, Carly Simon, Tony Bennett, Jon Bon Jovi, Melissa Etheridge, Carole King, Janet Jackson, Quincy Jones, 50 Cent, Mya, Timbaland, Barbra Streisand, Merle Haggard

Barack Obama: Babyface, the Goo Goo Dolls, Macy Gray, Ne-Yo, Will Smith, Usher, Stevie Wonder, Harry Connick Jr., Pete Wentz, Win Butler, will.i.am/the Black Eyed Peas, the Grateful Dead, Jeff Tweedy, Conor Oberst, Joanna Newsom, the Cool Kids, Stephan Jenkins, OK Go, Shudder to Think, Dave Matthews, Pearl Jam

No surprises from the Nuge’ or the Osmonds. But damn, that bass guitar must have hit Krist’s head fucking hard.

Happy Super Tuesday!

(Thanks, Idolator)

Update: Novoselic has now endorsed Obama, which makes the above footage only slightly less hilarious. The Guardian (et al) got it wrong because Novoselic once dropped $250 to hear Paul speak about isolationism or the confederacy or the gold standard or whatever. (Thanks, Kwab.)

I was on the fence, but the Goo Goo Dolls, OK, I've decided it's Obama.

Posted by trent moorman | February 5, 2008 9:50 AM

Merle Haggard is for Hilary? WTF? Could I source on that?

Posted by danmohr | February 5, 2008 10:10 AM

The Pete Wentz endorsement is pointless - his followers aren't even old enough to vote.

Posted by JJ Hellgate | February 5, 2008 12:08 PM

question: does krist novoselic actively campaign for ron paul or does every homeless person in front of westlake center with ron paul signs just happen to look a lot like krist novoselic?

Posted by cosby | February 5, 2008 12:30 PM
Posted by kwab | February 5, 2008 1:23 PM

Dude, Kwab! I totally could've read that post at 9:30 this morning, 'cause I can see the FUTURE.

Posted by Eric Grandy | February 5, 2008 1:56 PM

ron paul can see the future.

Posted by cosby | February 5, 2008 2:38 PM

Am I wrong to find it bizarre that Arlo is for Ron Paul? More importantly, am I crazy in not seeing Arlo's name in that guardian article?

Posted by Vasya | February 5, 2008 4:27 PM

Never mind, I used the wikipedias. Learn something new every day.

Posted by Vasya | February 5, 2008 4:29 PM

What breaks my heart is Burt Bacharach is for McCain. I have a soft spot for soooo many of Burt's songs. Snff-snff.

Posted by Madashell | February 5, 2008 4:35 PM

No shit, that is pretty heartbreaking. I don't care who Arlo Guthrie or Ted Nugent or Barbara Streisand or that dude from Nirvana support, but I never knew that one of the greatest living songwriter/composers is a goddamn republican.

Posted by otla | February 5, 2008 6:42 PM

what I wanna know is: who does Geoff Tate endorse?

Posted by kwab | February 6, 2008 9:15 AM