« Season Six American Idol Appea... | Tonight in Music: This Is a Pr... »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Gangster Poll

posted by on March 19 at 10:30 AM

goldtooth.jpgWho is and isn’t gangster? An inquiry.

For illumination we turn to My Philosophy’s Larry Mizell and Andrew Matson, both members of Seattle’s hip-hop council, Raindrop Hustla.

Larry: So tough to quantify. How do you judge gangsterness? By dirt done, maybe. What if somebody did a lot of dirt then blew up and is now really fake about it (50 Cent)? What if somebody is real hardbody but now tries to shy away from rapping about gangsta shit (Saigon)?

Matson: Being gangster is more of an “All-in” “Don’t give a fuck” thing, and for that locally, I listen to Fatal Lucciauno. Larry’s right, there’s gangsters in real life and gangsters on wax. Sometimes it’s hard to tell which is which. Sometimes it matters and sometimes it doesn’t. It’s a sliding scale with shades of gray.

Gangsters kill people, but hate themselves for it and are subsequently haunted by suicidal thoughts. All too familiar with the lifestyle’s psychotic blowback, gangsters are deeply offended when non-gangsters play gangster.

What’s the difference between gangsters and pimps?
Larry: A pimp is a man of leisure, who brokers prostitutes. A gangster is an illegal business man who employs violent means.

So:

Who is the most gangster?

Who is the least gangster?

You are gangster if:

Kaz owns an albino tiger. Watch out for him.

Posted by Pre | March 19, 2008 2:36 PM

Can I get an Eazy-E?

No Mountain Purse?

"Call of the Ho" over "I Seen a Man Die" anyday.

And if anyone is eating anyone on this poll, I hate to say it, but Kaz gets it.

Posted by Anna | March 19, 2008 3:37 PM

Why asks me all the time. See I KNEW I was gangster.

Raindrop Hustla = tip top.

Posted by The Cost | March 19, 2008 3:43 PM

Sorry, we eat the tiger first. As rare as it is I know. We eat that first, then Slats.

Posted by Kent | March 19, 2008 4:27 PM

Any guy that's been shot in the chest like nine times and survived seems pretty gangster to me. (50 cent)
But now maybe he's just a washed up gangster.

Posted by Toof, the real gangsta | March 19, 2008 5:10 PM

YOU KNOW WHAT'S CRAZY?

I am in NYC right now.
On my way to get bagels, I was thinking about making a music video in which I am a gangsta.
I was trying to picture myself dressing in a loose out fit, having the grill in my mouth, etc.

THEN, I talked to Ari Spool on AIM and found out this post!

How Strange!
I guess I am gonna make one!
I need your help! Kelly O!

ps. my dad will buy me an albino tiger.

Posted by PWRFL KAZ | March 20, 2008 12:45 PM

I am here for your gansta needs. I'll get da bitches, you get the tiger

Posted by KELLY O | March 20, 2008 2:15 PM

I like how Kaz is the second most gangster and the least gangster at the same time.

Posted by Christopher Dankelman | March 20, 2008 10:42 PM