Line Out: Music & Nightlife

RSS icon Comments on Mon Amie La Tex

Francoise had me with "Le Premier Bonheur du Jour".
I didn't think anyone else had dreams about her.

Posted by Nathan | March 3, 2008 1:07 PM

Holy balls she is hot. I can't get over it. Love at first YouTube.

Posted by Holy Balls | March 3, 2008 1:14 PM

Trent just gained 2 hipster points for posting a Francoise Hardy clip.

Posted by Biggie J | March 3, 2008 1:34 PM

I love this story. And kinda hate Francoise Hardy for being talented AND beautiful. You should get only one.

Posted by Kate | March 3, 2008 1:37 PM

Les coups de tête d'Upclose dans les vidéos sont une épée bordée double.

Translation

Upclose head shots in videos are a double edged sword.

For this video it works, but I have seen many that scare me.

I wish I had cool ass dreams like that one where French singers heal my wounds with their magical songs. My dreams are usually stress related. Like the time I was working on installing a recording console and I dreamed of a wire landscape that I was looking over and it never ended. I had that dream for a month if I remember, maybe a little more or less.

No French singers for me. Just gear and wire. maybe a nightmare/falling dream thrown in for fun.

Posted by drheavy | March 3, 2008 2:18 PM

Dr. Heavy,

A wire landscape forever and ever. Nice. Were the people wire? For some reason it makes me think of a flea circus.

What kind of console was it?

Posted by trent moorman | March 3, 2008 4:02 PM

The console was an SSL that used to reside at Stepping Stone Studios, I don't know what became of it. At the time we installed a few studios around Seattle, and my memory isn't what it used to be, so the dream might have come on more than one occasion, but I know I had it when we worked that install.

Posted by drheavy | March 3, 2008 5:01 PM

Dr. Heavy,

You make rad lyrics:

"No people just wires. Roly poly wires, that went on forever. No fleas just wires, might look more like a pile of snakes."

Hell yeah.

Posted by trent moorman | March 3, 2008 6:08 PM

I only write good lyrics if I'm not trying to. Your right though I think "snake wire" might be the next metal concept album I write. An homage to Snake Plissken from "Escape to New York", crossed with High on Fire and 2112.

Posted by drheavy | March 3, 2008 7:06 PM