« Dead Bury the Dead | The Pharmacy's MySpace Hacked,... »

Monday, March 17, 2008

SXSW - Punk Rock Sunday

posted by on March 17 at 12:17 PM

I think I like SXSW after most everyone goes home. By Sunday afternoon, the streets are mostly empty, no more long lines, and everyone’s much much more relaxed. It’s just the locals and diehards. I saw some of my favorite shows on Sunday… in a deliriously tired and brilliantly beer-soaked haze.

ohsee1.jpg

Thee Oh Sees

ohsee2.jpg

Clock Cleaner

clock3.jpg

clock2.jpg

clock1.jpg

Best Fwends

best-fwends.jpg

The Terrible Twos

terrible-twos.jpg

also in punk, from Saturday…

The Rippers

rippers.jpg

The Spits
spits3.jpg

and The Homosexuals

thehomosexuals.jpg

Then really loud and bizarre… these weirdos called Captain Ahab

ahab.jpg

ahab2.jpg

What a weird way to end the night.
I need a very VERY long nap.

All photos by Kelly O, except Clock Cleaner and The Homosexuals by Victoria Renard

I like the Terrible Twos, did you get into it?

Posted by Ari Spool | March 17, 2008 12:58 PM

loved 'em. and they played Beerland, Austin's Comet Tavern, - so super fun. after the show the drummer kept yanking hairs from his beard and telling me to keep them in my pocket for good luck. we'll see if it works

Posted by KELLY O | March 17, 2008 2:03 PM

God damn I love John Dwyer.

Posted by bunnypuncher | March 18, 2008 3:31 AM

Just so everyone knows. Bunny Puncher and Lee are aliases for Eric Grandy.

Posted by REAL ROCKERS | March 18, 2008 4:20 AM

whoa, I didn't get that memo. our girlfriends and bandmates are gonna be pissed to find that out.

Posted by "Lee" | March 18, 2008 5:08 PM

Great job this week, K.O.! You are more punk rock than all these bands put together. Next time, even less sleep and even more rock! I don't think I even remember what sleep is anymore but I'm gonna try it now.

Posted by thevicfox | March 18, 2008 10:41 PM

Two things that may disprove the bunnypuncher = Lee = Grandy theory.

1. I have absolutely zero interest in electronic music.

2. Lee is roughly 18 inches taller than me.

Posted by bunnypuncher | March 19, 2008 2:46 AM

3. I'm using my real name because I'm so not afraid of what would happen to me if I call bullshit on whatever "rock" music you're listening to while coked up at 4:30am, blogging. Johnny Thunders would approve, jackass.

Posted by "Lee" | March 19, 2008 12:41 PM