« More Than This? | I Missed Last Night's Rock of ... »

Monday, April 21, 2008

50 Cent to Alicia Keys: “I donít give a fuck if you can classically play the piano.”

posted by on April 21 at 15:52 PM

For the three of you following the Alicia Keys drama (her saying shit about gangsta rap and then taking it back… a week before her tour kicks off), 50 Cent is now speaking out against the Grammy-winning pianist. Via eonline.com (of all places):

Alicia recently defended her gansta rap quotes in Blender magazine, but apparently the explanation was not enough for Fiddy, who had some major dissing to do.

“I donít like Alicia Keys no more…If she thinks what they consider [to be] gangsta music is [made] to bring black people down, then I think my s—t falls into that category. I donít like people who donít like me.”

And from the sound of it, the rapper isn’t a fan of her music, either.

“I donít think that [her] classical s—t is cool. I donít give a f—k if you can classically play the piano. I havenít been classically trained, because my upbringing, nobody put me in front of a piano at that time…I could f—king care less about the s—t. So she donít like the music that embodies the harsh realities because theyíre not her realities. She hasnít been subjected to the same things.”

"I donít like people who donít like me."

whoa.

Posted by cosby | April 21, 2008 4:00 PM

didn't he also say he was a businessman so his music had nothing to do with "art" but was instead for his bankroll? what a cry baby.

Posted by nipper | April 21, 2008 4:45 PM

How aggressively anti-intellectual. Oops, I mean how "real" and "gritty" and "honest."

Posted by flamingbanjo | April 21, 2008 4:46 PM

goddamn. 50 must have a new album coming out soon. :]

Posted by douglas martin | April 21, 2008 8:55 PM

ďI donít like Alicia Keys no more"

How 5th grade.

Posted by Ivory | April 21, 2008 9:28 PM

I don't like 50 Cent. Shit, I hope he doesn't read this...

Posted by Jack | April 22, 2008 12:32 PM

woah, he's tough. s--t!

Posted by infrequent | April 22, 2008 12:46 PM

Weird... 50 is overreacting?! That's new and different! 50 is the most emotionally underdeveloped little bitch in the game. He cuts off anyone who he perceives as a threat to his weak self-esteem. How many people are left in G-Unit?

Posted by Carollani | April 22, 2008 12:56 PM