« Poll: Smells Like Four Drummer... | Pavement Rule OK »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Because Nothing Says “Reliable Source” Like Anonymous Blog Comments

posted by on April 16 at 12:55 PM

From yesterday’s Block Party announcement comments thread:

Upcoming announcements will include: Partman Parthorse, Coconut Coolouts, Dutchess and the Duke, Moondoggies, the Girls, the Intelligence, the Shackles.

Posted by Chirp | April 15, 2008 10:26 AM

A little birdy told me the suprise guest is the Halo Benders.

Posted by Chirp | April 15, 2008 11:57 AM

Good news!

Halo Benders are working out songs for their suprise headlining spot! All those Tina’s and Todd’s in the crowd are gonna drop their Stellas when Calvin unloads some serious science on them.

“Rippin off jocks, flippin’ off cops, sippin’ on toxic rocket fuel … FREEDOM RIDERS!”

I also heard that Calvin is seriously excited by the chance to play a festival sponsored by Miller Brewing. Everyone who knows anything knows Calvin is a serious Miller Light drinker.

This is going to be amazing!

Posted by Chirp | April 16, 2008 9:28 AM

Calvin and i were sipping on brews and tokin on some camels last night rapping about this very subject. We are super soakin x-cited!

Posted by Partman Parthorse | April 16, 2008 11:54 AM

Hi guys, Calvin here. I can't confirm or deny these rumors at this point in time. Know this, Doug and I are working on new material and we've been practicing a bit. We hope you will hold tight until we meet with the people of Miller Brewing to ensure that IF the Halo Benders do decide to play we will be rewarded with a Halo Bender's tune in the new Miller Genuine Draft ad campaign.

I hope you can be patient with us,
-Calvin

Posted by I'm a Nuclear Bomb | April 16, 2008 1:27 PM

yawn. I saw the Halo Benders with Gas Huffer at the block party in '98! (My highlight was the burned-out hippie smoking a joint on the street wearing cutoff jeans that his balls were totally hanging out of)

Posted by gillsans | April 16, 2008 2:25 PM

I heard the Shins are playing Block Party instead of the SP20th.

Posted by Frank | April 16, 2008 2:31 PM

I heard the secret guest was Iron Maiden...ROCK!!

Posted by Bah | April 16, 2008 3:29 PM

nirvana reunion with scott weiland pls. thx!

Posted by cosby | April 16, 2008 4:07 PM

FUCK SHIT UP!!!

Whoops, wrong Johnson collaboration.

Posted by Chris Estey | April 16, 2008 5:02 PM

I heard that this year capitol hill block party is the festival version of ripping out the stuffing of your childhood teddy bear to make a trendy satchel.

Posted by pat | April 16, 2008 7:01 PM

actually the secret band is called "C.H.A.-C.H.A" aka Capitol Hill Alliance (of) Crappy Hipster Allstars. It's all the shitty bands The Stranger writes about combined into one super fraggle fest. Get out the tear gas.

Posted by bobcat | April 16, 2008 9:58 PM