« Weekly Recommendations | 2008 Free Yr Radio Concert Ser... »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Best, and Worst, Guitar Ever

posted by on April 22 at 13:20 PM

fournecks.JPG

Behold the ultimate monstrosity of a guitar. The folks over as Idolator found this beast on eBay, unfortunately after the auction had ended. So how much does a four necked bass/mandolin/banjo/guitar go for these days? Only $255, before shipping. There are the obvious logistical problems with an instrument like this: How do you hold it? Does it weigh as much as four guitars? It there a case anywhere fit to move it around in? In the end none of these questions really matter. What matters is this is tax return season, and G.W. is sending me an extra $600 to blow at the Sharper Image on a foot bath. To me, this would be the ultimate waste of my free money. It has 23 strings. No mater how impractical or stupid this thing is, for some reason I wish it was mine.

Jeff,

I'm going to love and support you no matter what you decide, but I hope you know that you're going to look a total d-bag holding that stupid guitar on a stage.

Posted by Casey | April 22, 2008 1:28 PM

Stage, no. Studio, yes. $255 + S/H seems pretty reasonable for 4 instruments with amplified outputs.

Posted by Kyle | April 22, 2008 2:12 PM

"No mater how impractical or stupid this thing is, for some reason I wish it was mine."

If only I had a nickel for every time I uttered these words...

Posted by imaginary dana | April 22, 2008 2:18 PM

Bah. That's nothing. Now here's a real man's guitar:

Posted by rk | April 22, 2008 3:29 PM

And here I was coveting that double SG today.

Posted by JJ Hellgate | April 22, 2008 6:06 PM

EYE's guitar goes up to seven.

Posted by Eric Grandy | April 22, 2008 6:29 PM

real man's guitar? look no further...

okay, granted, you have to reach the 2:17 mark to realize the relevance, but i think it's worth the wait.

Posted by brian cook | April 22, 2008 6:41 PM

I think I saw that one in Star Wars...

Posted by rk | April 22, 2008 6:55 PM

Yeah, this is hardly a "real man's" guitar. It would only really be practical if you were starting a one-man Sufjan Stevens cover band.

Posted by Jeff Kirby | April 22, 2008 7:29 PM

Dude that thing rocks!!! And don't even say real mans guitar pedal steel guitar is a real mans guitar!!!! Don't be scared it'll only hurt for a second.

Posted by jack | April 23, 2008 2:19 PM