« Ghostland Observatory | Heiress, This Time Tomorrow, a... »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Details on Sub Pop’s Birthday Bash

posted by on April 7 at 13:16 PM

The Seattle Sound just posted details about the upcoming Sub Pop 20th anniversary party:

* The festival will officially take place July 12 & 13 at the 640-acre Marymoor Park in Redmond, with performances going both day and night
* Bands performing will cover the history of the labelís roster, including two reunion performances. One will be the much-ballyhooed return of Green River. The second, according to this recent news story from the Denver Post, will be the Fluid, Sub Popís first non-local signing from way back in 1985.
* There will likely be a Sub Pop comedy night at a yet-to-be-named venue separate from the music festivities.
* There could possibly also be some shows at clubs around Seattle leading up to the festivities, though details on this were very vague.

Read their full post about it here.

Just so happens that I overheard a couple dudes talking about it at Vita this weekend too. I don’t know who the guys were, so they could know just as little as anyone else, but they dropped a few names of performers including the Postal Service, Band of Horses, and Grand Archives.

I called to ask Sub Pop about it, but no one answered. I left a message and e-mailed.

UPDATE: Sub Pop can’t confirm or offer up any more info at this time, but we can expect an official announcement in the near future. Keep checking back!

went to the party at Hatties last week.

Didn't know a damn person, but the 'band of beards' look is quite in. What is it with people dressing in their PJs as well? Is that the new emo?

Posted by bobcat | April 7, 2008 1:41 PM

If Cat Butt ain't playin, I ain't goin.

Posted by kurt | April 7, 2008 3:02 PM

Haha.

Yeah, No Dickless, No Credibility!

(Seriously, this is great news. Can't wait.)

Posted by mackro mackro | April 7, 2008 3:05 PM

sounds like a good time!

Posted by Will in Seattle | April 7, 2008 3:08 PM

Where the fuck is the Radiohead blog??

Posted by JJ | April 7, 2008 3:33 PM

Pond?

Posted by Communican't | April 7, 2008 3:55 PM

You just made me tumescent, @6.

Posted by laterite | April 7, 2008 4:04 PM

FLOP!

Posted by Cato | April 7, 2008 4:38 PM

@8 I don't think Flop was ever on Sub Pop.

But Marymoor Park? That ain't right. Open the Croc for a weekend, or maybe re-christen the Off-Ramp. If it must be outside, how bout Volunteer Park instead? Anyone remember when they did the Popllama Picnic there?

Posted by Mr_Friendly | April 7, 2008 5:42 PM

I'd love to see a bunch of the earlier SP bands like Green River, The Fluid, Flaming Lips, Rapeman, The Dwarves, L7, Babes in Toyland, Thee Headcoats, Dwarves and Tad. Make it reminiscent of the 4 bands for 4 bucks shows at the UW Hub or the Motorsports International Garage shows. Please no Beat Happening!

Posted by dan10things | April 7, 2008 5:49 PM

You're welcome, @7!! Charlie Campbell, Chris Brady, Dave Triebwasser.......and release.

Posted by Communican't | April 7, 2008 7:06 PM

I loved me some Fluid backintheday. If the Afghan Whigs reunite, I'm there.

Posted by Dod | April 7, 2008 8:02 PM

Band of Horses will not be there, They will be in Europe at the time (T in the Park)

Posted by Otto | April 8, 2008 5:18 AM

I wish there were more reunions. Besides those mentioned above, how about:
Coedine
Eric's Trip (who've reunited recently)
the Fastbacks
the Grifters
the Spinanes

Posted by tallchris | April 8, 2008 12:48 PM

Screaming Trees! Bring back the Trees!

Posted by pablocjr | April 8, 2008 7:46 PM