« A Rush and a Push and the Land... | Because Nothing Says "Reliable... »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Poll: Smells Like Four Drummers

posted by on April 16 at 12:54 PM

Four drummers, one very famous Nirvana song. Who is your favorite?

1) The Walrus: Sturdy man. Good drummer expressions. Sweet handlebar mustache:

2) Kid A: Plays with incorruptibility and heart. A little rough around the edges:

3) Iceman: Ice:

4) The Phantom Menace: Electric kit. Right out the gate heís busy. A racehorse. Boggling with Neil Peart like fire:

Which one is your favorite:

the edge goes to kid a.
the edge being that he's a kid.

walrus has a bizarre twist on the opening/chorus riff...white funkin' it.

the menace is all over the place. flammin', paradiddlin', and basically losing time.

iceman almost had it. but chokin' up on the wood... un-unh.

Posted by chops | April 16, 2008 1:55 PM

I go Walrus simply for the stache. Pro drummer face as well.

Posted by Gee | April 16, 2008 2:02 PM

The Walrus kicks fucking ass. Look at throw off the cymbal hit to the side there like it's nothin. Pro I say. PRO. I bet he wears drumming gloves.

Posted by Thomas | April 16, 2008 2:19 PM

So how many of those cymbals does Walrus use? I love PM's electronic drums too. Does he play in a praise band a church?

Posted by gillsans | April 16, 2008 2:20 PM

Phantom plays in the Neil Peart praise band.

Posted by Luke | April 16, 2008 2:26 PM

You are not a man unless you have 11 cymbals. Your manliness is directly related to the number of cymbals you have.

Posted by Luke | April 16, 2008 2:28 PM

If I may, it's Walrus. He's down in that basement everyday working it out. The instructional tone to his voice only adds to the confidence of his feel. I agree @2, the good drummer expressions are important for any quality drumming experience. He may never see a stage though.

Posted by Otter | April 16, 2008 3:18 PM

I like the Walrus, but I could use more roto-tom.

Posted by eric w. | April 16, 2008 3:28 PM

Walrus was the most talented w/ the best look, but iceman had a strong performance. The Phantom is disqualified cuz it's much easier to play triplets on that song using an "electric kit".

Posted by jerry falls well | April 16, 2008 3:52 PM

One can only imagine what the Phantom Menace would do with roto-toms.

I am disheartened to see that China on Kid A's kit. I know it is a rite of passage and that he must move past his China phase but it is still disheartening.

Posted by Otter | April 16, 2008 3:54 PM

I'm torn. The quality and austerity of the Warlus's handlebar, or the gusto of Phantom Menace.

I have to go with the gusto.

I like how Walrus says he's not going to drive it too hard. You know back in the day, he used drive the fuck out of it down at Ted's Dart Bar down the street.

Posted by Anna | April 16, 2008 4:05 PM

oh and more roto tom. Much more. Just this morning at the drive through I was ordering my breakfast burrito and when they said, "Is there anything else you would like?" I asked for more roto toms. And a mountain dew.

Posted by Anna | April 16, 2008 4:08 PM

All Walrus - all night long.

Posted by Dave | April 16, 2008 7:50 PM

How could that Phantom guy have gotten so many votes? He's all flash and clutter, totally trashing the song. And electrics should be disqualified right out of the gate. The Walrus rules and he's not even breaking a sweat.

Posted by rk | April 16, 2008 9:27 PM

Ice is solid; I agree the Walrus has too much funk. Ice is the only one who would have stood any chance of replacing Chad Channing.

Posted by The_Fog | April 17, 2008 9:09 AM