« Today in White Rappers | Re: Today in White Rappers »

Friday, April 11, 2008

Radiohead for Turtle Man

posted by on April 11 at 12:00 PM

Radiohead wrote the song “Karma Police” specifically for this Kentucky man who fishes snapping turtles out of ponds with his bare hands.

His name is Ernie Brown Jr. and he’s known as the Turtle Man. He’s missing his front teeth because he knocked them out with a chainsaw. He’s missing a majority of his brain cells because his mother is his sister. He doesn’t drink, do drugs, or smoke cigarettes, but he does catch the ever-living hell out of snapping turtles with his bare hands.

Watching the video, you just can’t help but hope one the turtles will bite his nuts off. And that is why when he dies and passes into the next world, Ernie Brown Jr. will pass into an eternity of snapping turtles biting his nuts off. He will wake up every day with balls, and every day they will be bitten off by an angry snapping turtle when he does his Indian victory cry.

Them's good eatin!!!

Posted by drheavy | April 11, 2008 12:55 PM

You'd better be careful what you say about people from Kentucky.

Posted by Michelangelo | April 11, 2008 12:56 PM

I know. I'm from Georgia. I mean no disrespect to Kentucky. I just don't like the way he flings the Turtles around.

Posted by trent moorman | April 11, 2008 1:04 PM

I would like to see the video where the turtle pulls an Irwin and lands on top.

The header is great reminder that the Radiohead pre-sale was yesterday. $20 convenience fees for LivNation, but I did get good tickets. Ticketmaster would only boot me into their "re-sale" site where the same tickets were $200. That should violate bait and switch or fraud provisions, but I guess the boat has sailed on Ticketmaster lawsuits.

Posted by left coast | April 11, 2008 2:05 PM

Love this post! Better karma, the Vernon Florida Turtle Man...

Posted by KELLY O | April 11, 2008 2:58 PM

Haaa. I love his blue socks.

Reminds me of the person who walks by the HUMP screening and asks what kind of movie it is. That is such a beautiful moment.

Posted by trent moorman | April 11, 2008 3:09 PM

That guy rocks. Awesome video.

Posted by Lydia | April 12, 2008 12:26 AM