« Common Nonsense | Tonight in Music: The Dillinge... »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Some Things I Failed to Mention

posted by on April 10 at 11:29 AM

A few important details didn’t make it into this week’s feature, in which I obsess over the Microphones’ totally obsession-worthy and just reissued 2001 K album, the Glow pt. 2. I’ll try to set things right here:

-Most importantly, the article should’ve contained the information for Mount Eerie’s upcoming show at the Vera Project with Why? It’s going to be an amazing show, and the only reason you’re excused from going is if you decide to go see No Kids and Dirty Projectors at Chop Suey instead. Here’s that show info:

Thursday April 17 | 7:30 PM @ the Vera Project
WHY? (Anticon)
Mt. Eerie
Julie Doiron
Generifus
$9 ($8 w/ club card)
Always all-ages

-I should’ve mentioned that Phil Elverum hardly ever plays any of the songs off of the Glow pt. 2 anymore, that when he returned from abroad as Mount Eerie, he kind of did forget or let go of his songs, you can’t stay in the same water twice and all that.

-I also should’ve mentioned a couple other upcoming Elverum-related releases: Mount Eerie’s Black Wooden Ceiling Opening, due out May 27th on PW Elverum & Sun, and an upcoming D+ “best of” retrospective.

Sorry for the omissions.

How about a profile on Bret Lunsford next? Not as great a musician as Phil, but probably more fascinating.

Posted by horatiosanzserif | April 10, 2008 12:46 PM

I know, I know. Wait for that D+ retrospective, we'll get you something.

Posted by Eric Grandy | April 10, 2008 12:57 PM

bret for mayor

Posted by billy | April 10, 2008 4:28 PM

Also, you should have mentioned that he's playing a show in Tacoma the next night at an art gallery called The Helm with Julie Dorion and The Blankket and Freeze & Fur Coat.

Posted by brndn hghs | April 10, 2008 6:42 PM

You also forgot to mention our adorable dogs...but I'm going to let that slide just this once. I loved this article.

Posted by Jenn | April 11, 2008 10:18 AM