Line Out: Music & Nightlife

RSS icon Comments on Tonight in Photographers Who Shoot Live Music: Blush Photo

Kristen Truax is by far the most talented and beautiful photographer I know. Her work at Neumos is amazing and her photographs of St Vincent are stunning.

Glad to know you!

Posted by Lindsay | April 1, 2008 11:30 AM

Just remember that, in order to get those awesome on-stage shots for all the world to see, photographers are always shoving people near the stage out of their way, with varying degrees of rudeness. It's not usually a big deal here in Seattle, but at media-soaked events like SXSW, it's a major headache that seriously harshes the mellow of LOTS of 'ordinary' music fans. You know, the ones who took the time to get to the show early and suffer through the opening acts, because they don't have an excuse to arrive 5 minutes before the headliner starts and then push their way to the front.

Sometimes I think the biggest 'attention whores' are the photographers themselves.

And if Truax is actually physically attractive (I don't know what she looks like, although undoubtedly I've seen her, like at that Raveonettes show), well there's your answer why performers look relaxed and happy while she's taking their pic. Most everyone unconsciously responds that way to beautiful people.

Posted by rk | April 1, 2008 11:50 AM

"Of course it would, itís a tree falling." Haha, that totally cracked me up! This is a great article on a great company.

Posted by Mel | April 1, 2008 12:00 PM

On the contrary rk, I have a nifty exclusive spot at Nuemos next to the security guard (of whom all are amazing at Neumos- nice guys! Don't give them shit!) I am out of the way of all people's view.

I am extraordinarily courteous at shows. When requested, I have even been known to send photos to complete strangers if I happen to catch a cool photo of them. I am constantly giving back to everyone- I don't feel like I am taking. Plus, my big head never gets in the way. Everyone wins!

Posted by Blush Photo | April 1, 2008 12:20 PM

Can't wait to see the show Kristen!

Also, #2 - one of the funniest things at SXSW this year when devil-punks MONOTONIX poured beer over the entire photo pit at their Bourbon Rocks show. I've never seen so many pissed off khaki-vested middle-aged men in that frantic of a panic in my entire life.

Posted by KELLY O | April 1, 2008 1:06 PM

Every time Blush Photo hangs a show, we're in for a treat! There's no doubt that Blush has world-class talent and incredible images. The resume and professional prints speak for themselves! Keep up the edgy, interesting, gorgeous, amazing work, Blush!

But what other photographers make their events about the GUESTS as much as the art?? Blush does a wonderful job making the event super fun for gallery-goers. Last time I saw Blush's work hanging at The McLeod Residence, I dressed in costume for the theme of the night and won a raffle, getting a gift certificate for a hair color! There are great things going around whenever BLUSH is in the building!

Trust me, you do not want to miss this show! It will surely be a treat...

Posted by Shannon | April 1, 2008 5:10 PM

It's great to have someone in this town that's dedicated and skilled in their profession. It often seems so many other twenty and thirty somethings in Seattle just hope that their hair do and skinny jeans gets them somewhere! Way to do the thing, Blush!

Posted by Kat | April 1, 2008 6:29 PM

Damn, Anthony Kiedis looks hella young in that second pic!

Posted by E | April 1, 2008 7:40 PM

Heck yeah, Kristen!

Posted by Amy Dials | April 2, 2008 4:26 PM

I've been blessed with the treat of getting to know Kristen and even having been in her lens a time or two. She is one of the most generous, loving, and gorgeous people I've had the pleasure of meeting. Her heart is easily as massive as her talent! I love you, Kristen!

Posted by Amber | April 2, 2008 8:02 PM